Using Fenix...

K0K0NUT_h3lmut

The Soldier wearing a coconut...
Website
Visit site
How do I use The Minigame Project: XMAS Edition on my GP2X with Fenix? I put the freakin' Fenix folder on my SD card. Then I put the minigame project in the games section of the Fenix folder...I also tried changing the extension of the ".fxe" to ".gpe". Has anyone else gotten this to work... the readme is very vague.

How do I use The Minigame Project: XMAS Edition on my GP2X with Fenix? I put the frekain' Fenix folder on my SD card. Then I put the minigame project in the games section of the Fenix folder...I also tried changing the extension of the ".fxe" to ".gpe". Has anyone else gotten this to work... the readme is very vague.
this is for gp32 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I use The Minigame Project: XMAS Edition on my GP2X with Fenix? I put the frekain' Fenix folder on my SD card. Then I put the minigame project in the games section of the Fenix folder...I also tried changing the extension of the ".fxe" to ".gpe". Has anyone else gotten this to work... the readme is very vague.

Since it is a pure gp32 version atm, it does not work very well.

Renaming the fxe won`t work, you should be long enough in this community to know this ;) :D

You have to edit the script to make it run, but don`t ask me how, I did not take a look at it yet (my gp2x is still broken)

Well, I remember briefly looking at the gp32x homepage and saw that fenix came out for the GP2X. It said something like "now all your favorite gp32 games can run on the GP2X" and I thought...Is that possible? Because fenix is fenix...

Renaming the fxe won`t work, you should be long enough in this community to know this wink.gif biggrin.gif
Yeah, I know. I do feel like a nublet now. But It's the only way that I knew. I don't know what else to do.

this is for gp32 ;)

On the download page:
deadlychicken22:

It means you can run FENIX games on the gp2x. The gp32 could play fenix games as well. However, not all gp32 games are made in fenix (in fact, the majority aren't).

I got fenix working on my gp2x, but it runs very slowly compared to the gp32 version..... you have to make a script to load it. Open up one of the examples and edit it so that the file name/location points to whatever game you want to load and save it as the name of the game. If you're running on windows, make sure you use a good text editor such as programmers notepad 2, don't use windows notepad as it will display things incorrectly.

Hope this helps,
-ben

Just the person I needed to help me. That does help alot. I also noticed that you have the chrono trigger resurrection project in your sig like I do.

Just the person I needed to help me. That does help alot. I also noticed that you have the chrono trigger resurrection project in your sig like I do.
I actually got it from you. I had something making fun of windows in my sig, but for some reason it was erased along with my avatar...... I've known about the chrono trigger resurrection project for awhile actually...... I understand why square did what they did, but I still hate it.

yes, you can run fenix games on the gp2x, but not using a gp32 binary :p

btw. I thought you would know that, you have been here for some time...

@deadlychicken22 Yeah, I really wish that they had just let them complete it, it wouldn't have hurt their business. They haven't released a Chrono game for some time, and probably won't in the future.

@aapje89
Lol, I know. I was just going out on a huge limb. Guessing that I could from foggy memories of reading that I could and on hope that I could run GP32 fenix games...
I feel like a nublet again, these things happen when you are tired and stressed out... :rolleyes:

Back