using ericsson chat-board in your gp32

ginzu

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hey, i heard you can use the ericsson chatboard (a small keyboard by ericsson for sms writing) in your gp32 with an special cable or something like that.. is that true? anyone here have and uses it? how does it works?
it would be cool to use the DOS emulator and to play games like Monkey Island or The day of the tentacle :D

Does GPscumm (or any other GP32 program/game/emulator for that matter) actually USE the chatboard? Are any of them being modified to use it?

its a gaming system, how much text could you possibly need to edit? :p

Errm... you CAN get a chatboard and mod it with the cable thingamy (there's a guy doing a few to ship out to us all atm, although since he lives in the US, that makes for expensive shipping) but there aren't actually any programs written to use it yet, nor modified existing ones. They'll prolly happen, as the drivers get more mature - and the person who is shipping them did mention that he'll do an editor for text, RTF, and (hopefully) simple HTML that'll be designed for the modded chatboards.

But you'll have to pay for that.

Me? I'll fork out the cash; it'd be worth it to turn my GP32 into a PDA. But not before either the editor package or one of the emus (most notably Castaway, but I'd do it for Sarien too) gets keyboard compatibility.

i have just read this..

Ericsson Chatboard to GP32
Very brief docs.. My chatboard was originally soldered by rbtx99 - so credits to him for an excellent job!! My chatboard model is CHA-01. Here is a huge picture how it is wired internally.
And this is how pins are wired to EXT cable:

EXT-Pin: Meaning: Color:
1 +3V orange
9 Rx white
10 Tx yellow
18 GND blue

Font: deadcoderssociety.tk

it sucks if you need to solder it <_< heh

True, but that soldering doesn't look too hard...

Plus, the guy I mentioned who's selling them is doing the things already modded - so no need to solder yourself :)

Back