Usb To Pc Troubles

EDX

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2x today. I've been having lots of fun with it so far. However, for some reason my USB to PC function isn't working anymore... I have the 2x connected to the PC and start the USB mode but my PC detects nothing... I've tried different cables,, usb ports, even different computers but still nothing... I might have monkeyed around with the settings somewhere causing this problem... If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. :D
Thanks, and GP2x rules.

EDX said:
norm said:
have you installed the drivers?

+ see here http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Current_GP2X_Issues#USB_Problems

Yes, I have installed drivers. I had successfully transfered twice using the included cable... Now that and my other mini-usb cable will not work... In settings I have USB Host and storage device turned on... Is something wrong there?

if you connected it and it wasnt detected by windows automatically my first guess would be the cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've switched through 2 cables and no dice... Are there options that must be configured in the GP2x to get this working properly?

EDX said:
I've switched through 2 cables and no dice... Are there options that must be configured in the GP2x to get this working properly?
all of the software settings are in the gui application, but I dont think any of those effect the GP2X from being detected as a USB device.

Its possible both cables are bad, maybe the port itself is bad.

Connect the GP2x to your computer via the usb cable, Then on your computer, Go to the device manager (Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties", Go to the "Hardware" tab and click "Device Manager"). Have a look towards the botton of that list and see if there is an item with a red X or a yellow ! (Exclamation mark). If there is right click it and select uninstall from then menu. Disconnect the GP2x and wait for around 10-15 seconds and reconnect the GP2x. Your GP2x should be detected and the drivers should be reinstalled automatically.

See how that goes.

Trooper

EDX said:
In the "settings" menu, go to the big "USB" icon and then "connect the SD". The "USB-Host" and "storage device" in the system menu are a different thing: they are useful if you want to connect an external USB storage device to the EXT port.

Anyway, the GP2X doesn't seem to work on computers with USB 1.0 ports. I know that they are supposed to be backward compatible, but I just cannot plug the GP2X in a USB 1.0. Maybe is that your problem?

Back