USB Joypads tutorial on video.

Sorry that I didn't do anything. My USB Port seems to be broken (no wonder as I hacked it for some internal hub ;) ).

Need to get it working again first.

Don't worry about it. I am slowly building a tutorial for the wiki. Feel free to add your own content if you have time. If not, I will look into espanding it later.  So far it has content for:

USB Gamepads:

-Plug and play with a USB 2.0 connection.

-Link to xbox360 and ps3 driver threads.

Bluetooth Gamepads:

-Found through the Bluetooth applet or using hcitool.

QJoyPad:

-Basic set up as well as general usage philosophy

**To be added before publishing to wiki**

Specific game/emulator examples:

SNES 9x EX or SNES4DP ( should serve as a good generic tutorial for using QJoyPad in conjunction with any game/emulator)

Mupen64 2.0

Notaz's emulators (may not be necessary as his have a great gui with controller support)

SNES 9x EX or SNES4DP ( should serve as a good generic tutorial for using QJoyPad in conjunction with any game/emulator) Mupen64 2.0 Notaz's emulators (may not be necessary as his have a great gui with controller support)
If there's a way to make it work with FBA, it would be great to add it to the tutorial as well... 

SNES 9x EX or SNES4DP ( should serve as a good generic tutorial for using QJoyPad in conjunction with any game/emulator) Mupen64 2.0 Notaz's emulators (may not be necessary as his have a great gui with controller support)
If there's a way to make it work with FBA, it would be great to add it to the tutorial as well...
I haven't really tried to emulate arcade machines . x-men is the only arcade game I would really like to play. I will try it out at some point and see what I can do.

Interesting thread. Funnily enough, I tried getting a PC pad and a PSX pad (via usb adaptor) working just yesterday I received a TV-out cable(thanks ED!). The pandora recognised it just fine (at least dmesg picked it up...for some reason I didn't check lsusb...) but no games or emulators seemed to pick it up.

The one thing I'm concerned about is having to re-configure the Pandora inputs when I'm not plugged into a TV - is this required or does it depend on the game/emulator?

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with TV-out!

I haven't really tried to emulate arcade machines . x-men is the only arcade game I would really like to play. I will try it out at some point and see what I can do.
FBA works much better than MAME for many games, but unfortunately it does not (unless I am mistaken) support external controls. But I'm pretty sure something can be done about it...

Interesting thread. Funnily enough, I tried getting a PC pad and a PSX pad (via usb adaptor) working just yesterday I received a TV-out cable(thanks ED!). The pandora recognised it just fine (at least dmesg picked it up...for some reason I didn't check lsusb...) but no games or emulators seemed to pick it up.

The one thing I'm concerned about is having to re-configure the Pandora inputs when I'm not plugged into a TV - is this required or does it depend on the game/emulator?

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with TV-out!
Depending on the program, you should download QJoyPad from the repo and see if it recognizes your controllers and allow you to map them to the keyboard. Notaz's emulators should recognize them without QJoyPad, but they will need to be configured in the GUI for that emulator. Mupen takes some configuring, but works great on it's own without QJoyPad.

FBA works much better than MAME for many games, but unfortunately it does not (unless I am mistaken) support external controls. But I'm pretty sure something can be done about it...
Cool. I will take a look and see what I can come up with.

I tried to emulate an arcade machine once but my mum told me to stop making beepy noises.
:)

Back