Usb Host Support - Will Pandora Support This?

Bah, sorry about that, God Ginrai. My previous experience with those things has been that they more-or-less "just work". Although admittedly, I've never tried one with a DC keyboard. :/

Prometheus said:
Bah, sorry about that, God Ginrai. My previous experience with those things has been that they more-or-less "just work". Although admittedly, I've never tried one with a DC keyboard. :/
s'ok.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
AireTamStorm said:
However, if you consider the devices that actually require a backdrop to 1.1, it really does not adversely affect anything, as nobody is going to be lugging around a clunky keyboard / mouse and complain about having to use a small adapter when the time comes.
wow, that logic is flawless.

I have a targus mini mouse that looks great plugged into devices this size, I suppose I could always replace its cord with a mini-usb connector one.

"nobody is going to be lugging around a clunky. . . mouse"

Please don't make baseless assumptions. There are also mini keybaords designed to strap onto game pads, and game pads themselves for that matter would use 1.1 protocol and be likely to be brought along.

The adapter is not the problem, the fact that it is large and solid and could break off the usb port or damage the motherboard is a problem.

I would need to get a micro USB 1.1 hub and change its cord to a mini plug. A proper adapter should come with the unit for free if there is no other way for it to work, the adapter should be a dongle with a cord, not a solid mass with plenty of leverage that will stick 2 inches out of the back of the unit. Better would be a switch for OTG/Normal operation of the real USB host port.

nubie said:
The adapter is not the problem, the fact that it is large and solid and could break off the usb port or damage the motherboard is a problem.
The adapter is not solid, something like the following:

USB-Mini5M-AF.jpg

nubie said:
wow, that logic is flawless.
"nobody is going to be lugging around a clunky. . . mouse"

Please don't make baseless assumptions. There are also mini keybaords designed to strap onto game pads, and game pads themselves for that matter would use 1.1 protocol and be likely to be brought along.

Ahem, I didn't make a baseless assumption. Read:

as nobody is going to be lugging around a clunky keyboard / mouse and complain about having to use a small adapter when the time comes.

I may not have phrased it the best way, but I basically said, if you're toting around a keyboard already, you probably wont complain about a little adapter to go with it. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Back