Usb Host On Firmware 1.4????

What about a portable HDD/MP3 player(an iAudio M3) which tends to recharge when hosted?

Wow, now this is some awesome stuff. What I would love to see is SOME form of wireless internet connection, then the ability to use some micro keyboard for easy browsing (not just link based)

rSl posted on Feb 18 2006 at 11:47 PM said:
Squidge posted on Feb 19 2006 at 12:13 AM said:
It should be, the USB specification requires that devices connect in a low-power mode (100 mA maximum) and state how much current they need, before switching, with the host's permission, into high-power mode.

Typically, only devices which contain motors or lights require more than 100ma, so keyboards, keydrives, mouse, joystick, etc should all be fine.

here is hope that an usb wifi-stick works with the powered ext port.
man i'm waiting fot the day readng mail with some tiny sdl-mail client on the couch, and
surfing the web with links-browser.

cheers
rSl
I hate to say it, but you would probabably find a palm/pocketpc a lot more satasfyying for that sort of thing. It's probably just personal preference but the idea of the GP2X+power adapter+usb hub+anothe power adapter for the hub+usb wifi dongle combined with trying to enter text with a joystick aint gonna be pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
dioxide posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:54 AM said:
What about a portable HDD/MP3 player(an iAudio M3) which tends to recharge when hosted?

check if it has a "hub" mode, like cowon players have for example ;)

Shikaku posted on Feb 20 2006 at 09:22 AM said:
I have other ideas for the USB thing...

TV-OUT + USB controller = 2 player fun?

=)
Yeah thats what I want the most. I have a nice ps2 to usb adapter, so all my ps fanboys will be nice and confortable playing super mario kart against me. :)

Providing the kernel has USB gamepad support built-in, programs should be able to support gamepads if they're recompiled to use the correct button layout. *hopes that isn't down to each individual gamepad* Programs using Ryleh's lib might find it slightly more difficult.

Back