Usb Host Cable + Video = ?

Conan-san

Still Fresh
I have a question. Who here has bought a custom peripheral from ARTaylor.co.uk (http://www.artaylor.co.uk/~richard/gp2x/) and what are your opinions for it.

I'm thinking of geting a Cutsom preherial With the component video cables and the USB Hub and I need advice about it.

Thanks a bunch

Craig.

Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 23 2006 at 01:44 AM said:
I have a question. Who here has bought a custom peripheral from ARTaylor.co.uk (http://www.artaylor.co.uk/~richard/gp2x/) and what are your opinions for it.

I'm thinking of geting a Cutsom preherial With the component video cables and the USB Hub and I need advice about it.

Thanks a bunch

Craig.
I haven't bought one personally, but his product certaintly appears high-quality.

There isn't that much to get wrong honestly, it is just some wires going into a plug.

Speaking as the guy who "engineered" the $5 serial cable(I just rearranged 4 wires on a commercially available bargain-bin Cellphone cable), He seems to have high-quality connectors and has done his homework (wiki on his cable info)

I followed his diagrams and built my own USB adapter, it isn't hard to do, just requires a certain skill and knowledge. I would buy his if I didn't know what to do with those schematics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 23 2006 at 10:44 AM said:

Thanks a bunch

Craig.
Wtf? Component video? THe GP2X only outputs a s-video signal (that can be converted to composite).

Fishbong posted on Dec 24 2006 at 12:06 AM said:
Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 23 2006 at 10:44 AM said:

Thanks a bunch

Craig.
Wtf? Component video? THe GP2X only outputs a s-video signal (that can be converted to composite).
Ah, my mistake then, its' the three pronged video cable i'm thinking of, like consoles come with these days.

I bought a EXT>USB adapter from him and it works great.

Back