Usb Device Not Recognized

exxentrix

Still Fresh
Okay, everytime I plug my GP2X into its USB and connect, my stupid windows keeps saying it is not recognized and that is all that happens. Apparently Firmware 2.0 was supposed to fix that but when I downloaded Firmware 2.0 it was just a jumble of worthless files and I am so lost. Somebody help.

oh no, this is another one of those forums. This post will stay here forever and no one will ever help me. I cant stand this stupid GP2X anymore. It is making me go literally insane.

Exxentrix, how old are you? Because you act like a child angry at his mom for not doing whatever he wants to. How about taking a mature, logical approach to this problem instead of whining and involving others into your "insanity"? This kind of attitude won't get you anywhere in life.

If you don't know what to do with the Firmware 2.0 files (which aren't, of course, worthless) then read and follow a tutorial. It's as simple as that, and anyone can do it. If there's a step you don't understand, ask. But if you don't have the initiative of solving the problem in another way than complaining, then it's not our responsibility to baby-sit you.

Exxentrix, how old are you? Because you act like a child angry at his mom for not doing whatever he wants to. How about taking a mature, logical approach to this problem instead of whining and involving others into your "insanity"? This kind of attitude won't get you anywhere in life.

If you don't know what to do with the Firmware 2.0 files (which aren't, of course, worthless) then read and follow a tutorial. It's as simple as that, and anyone can do it. If there's a step you don't understand, ask. But if you don't have the initiative of solving the problem in another way than complaining, then it's not our responsibility to baby-sit you.

Well said Hory.

Exxentrix there is a vast and helpful community springing up around this amazing little gizmo, ask nicely and I'm sure somebody will point you in the right direction.

Let's me honest, it's not the end of the world!!!!! if you can't stand the GP2X anymore i'm sure there's plenty of takers out there.

I wouldn't mind a spare :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem.

After a bit of searching I came across one suggestion which I thought was nonsense but I thought what the hell.

Simply try a different USB port, if work for me.

Help:
Get a card reader.

</resisting the all-consuming urge to flame>

Help:
Get a card reader.

</resisting the all-consuming urge to flame>
Telco-Lou = Funny. :)

I second the motion to get a card reader.

Is there not a giant RED paper with BIG WORDS that comes with these yet?

Something along the lines of:

USE NiMH batteries, Alkalines unsupported, Li-Ion supported but expensive.

Use a card reader.

If you have never used a beta emulator or Linux or don't build a lot of PC's be prepared for a VERY STEEP learning curve.

How many threads would a large card like this solve? I see one of these topics like 5 times a day here, are the Distributors not even interested in a "Quick Start Guide", the cost would not be prohibitive and it would surely result in more satisfied costumers and better relations with new users on here and possible positive word-of-mouth advertising, instead of all the negativity that is going on right now.

</resisting urge to explain in detail about likely reasons why his USB doesn't function, and the GP2X's faulty USB reader driver, and the Samba Server option for getting it to work, and why he just needs a cheap £5 or $10 card reader.>

Thanks to those who actually helped me. I ordered mine from GP32z.com which, looking back, was not the best idea. Anyway, they are sending me a card reader which is pretty nice of them. And again, my GP2X did not come with the booklet that it was supposed to come with. Sorry for having an attitude problem, this whole week has been a jumble of viruses, rewiring, new hardware and not one but two hard drive flashes. And most forums I find on the internet have a total of... two, three users. Thank you again to those who understood.

If anyone could teach me how the program "USB MANAGER" works in concordance with the GP2X.

Edit:
Nubie, I like what you are thinking. If the guide did more than just assume that everything was fine and didnt emmediatly just go off to what to do with your magic piece of plastic (not an insult), it would help alot.

I understand now why firmware is not working. I have to install it ON the GP2X which, according to the manual CD which is impossible to read because a lot of the examples are in Korean, will create its own 'drive' persay on My Computer.

Well, the people who create such topics are usaly the same ones who cant read manuals, take your chances...

Thanks to those who actually helped me. I ordered mine from GP32z.com which, looking back, was not the best idea. Anyway, they are sending me a card reader which is pretty nice of them. And again, my GP2X did not come with the booklet that it was supposed to come with. Sorry for having an attitude problem, this whole week has been a jumble of viruses, rewiring, new hardware and not one but two hard drive flashes. And most forums I find on the internet have a total of... two, three users. Thank you again to those who understood.

If anyone could teach me how the program "USB MANAGER" works in concordance with the GP2X.

Edit:
Nubie, I like what you are thinking. If the guide did more than just assume that everything was fine and didnt emmediatly just go off to what to do with your magic piece of plastic (not an insult), it would help alot.

I understand now why firmware is not working. I have to install it ON the GP2X which, according to the manual CD which is impossible to read because a lot of the examples are in Korean, will create its own 'drive' persay on My Computer.
Have you flashed your firmware now?

Back