Usb Cable Into Gp32 Power Cable

Lol tht looks good, i did a google translate n it sort works but some is still shady,, if anyone fluent in spanish want to do a better job i wud be grateful, but i am goin to try anyhow,, wont this blow it as it is a 5v current from a usb whereas the gp works with 3v..

Hi, It looks like it overheats a bit if you use it for long periods.

It's intended to be used just while you are saving data to the console to save battery.

According to the author of the usb power cable, in a first version it used diodes and resistors to fit exactly 3v, but for some strange reason it didnt work.

Then it used a polimeter to see the voltage given by a standard AC adapter, and it was a surprise to see that when set to give 3v, the polimeter saw 5,5v or so (?)
so he dediced to remove the resistors and diodes.

If anyone could use a polimeter to confirm this ...
Aiken

the way with a powerd usb hub is much more easy and 100% secure ,
gp32usb cable -> usb a/b adapter -> hub

Vimacs, are you talking about an alternate to modding a USB cable? Cause what he is doing is splitting the power wire from a USB cable and making it a DC plug. Since the regular GP32 usb cable doesnt have a DC plug, a powered USB hub would be no use. Or did I read it wrong?

yes its a alternate way, you dotn have to "destroy" the gps usb cable, and the power comes from the powerd usb hub :) so you dont need to modify anything
(there are even usb hubs with batterys!)
if you have a usb hub, the adapter is about 2-5eur

you mean the gp is powered throught the usb port???

gp32 --> gp32usbcable ---> a/b adapter --> usbhub ???

benjaminblasius@web.de posted on Jul 4 2004 at 11:53 PM said:
i think the adapter of this spanish guy is broken.
i messured mine with my polimeter and the output is exactly 3.25v.
(i also have one of this multi-adapters you see on his pics)
Mine Reads out 5 volts when set to 3...

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Jul 5 2004 at 10:38 AM said:
Mine Reads out 5 volts when set to 3...

Umhh ... interesting !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back