Ur-Quan Masters

Yes minimenu and xfce both don't work.

Didn't really expect the change of file system to work but as that was the only difference mentioned on Torpor's working Ur-Quan Masters I thought I'd try it for completions sake.

shaky said:
Yes minimenu and xfce both don't work.

Didn't really expect the change of file system to work but as that was the only difference mentioned on Torpor's working Ur-Quan Masters I thought I'd try it for completions sake.

check files sizes:
18980071 2009-07-10 13:12 uqm-0.6.0-3domusic.uqm
11613154 2009-07-10 13:19 uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm
114823409 2009-07-10 13:32 uqm-0.6.0-voice.uqm

what are the file permissions? there was a similar issue that was caused by the user creating another account and trying to access things created by the previous one

Last edited by a moderator:
My file sizes are

18980071 uqm-0.6.0-3domusic.uqm
11580000 uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm
114823409 uqm-0.6.0-voice.uqm

So the uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm size differs from yours. Where did you get that content file from? All the ones I've tried are 11580000.

Permissions seem fine. I'm still using my original account. Read and Write access all round.

shaky said:
My file sizes are

18980071 uqm-0.6.0-3domusic.uqm
11580000 uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm
114823409 uqm-0.6.0-voice.uqm

So the uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm size differs from yours. Where did you get that content file from? All the ones I've tried are 11580000.

Permissions seem fine. I'm still using my original account. Read and Write access all round.

I cannot get it to work either. My file size of uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm is 11580000 as well.

Only good thing is I stumbled upon dl.openhandhelds.org' filearchive. All these years I didn't know that existed..

Just for coherence: Pickle, could you please update the documentation of UQM? It sais that you have to put all those files in the ../addons folder whereas at all other references the files are supposed to be put to ../packages And thx for all your porting! Would be nice if UQM would finally work with my pandora.

Have you tried renaming the files?
uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm -> content.uqm
uqm-0.6.0-3domusic.uqm -> 3domusic.uqm
uqm-0.6.0-voice.uqm -> voice.uqm

I just want to tell you guys that many of us on the sideline are rooting for you. If I had a unit, I'd be on the front lines trying to get this game to work. :(

I found the problem ;-)

the bin is looking for a file called version in the content folder, so for now just create a empty file and it should work.

Trying to find a way to get it working in the pnd, but its not. Tried my noclobber copy, and just having a content/version in the pnd itself, neither worked. bah

shaky said:
Brilliant! All working now. Thanks Pickle :)
Care to share?

I have those very same files (the 3.uqm files) Placed them in the app data - packages sub folder. Not sure I did this next bit right, what kind of file are you supposed to create to make the 'version' file?

Any help appreciated

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:
I have those very same files (the 3.uqm files) Placed them in the app data - packages sub folder. Not sure I did this next bit right, what kind of file are you supposed to create to make the 'version' file?
An empty file will do. It must be in the content folder IIRC.

urjaman said:
DrCJBoduma said:
An empty file will do. It must be in the content folder IIRC.
Thanks

*hopes he is not about to make a total fool of himself.

Like an empty .txt file called version??

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:

CJ
Well it must be called "version" (not "version.txt" or something). If you want to use the GUI (Thunar) File->Create Document->Empty File and name it "version". Also opening mousepad, doing Save and naming it "version" works. CLI people will just say "touch version" ... There's n+1 ways of making an empty file :p

EDIT: I use "" to mean literally what is inside (no need to type the ""'s)

urjaman said:
DrCJBoduma said:

CJ
Well it must be called "version" (not "version.txt" or something). If you want to use the GUI (Thunar) File->Create Document->Empty File and name it "version". Also opening mousepad, doing Save and naming it "version" works. CLI people will just say "touch version" ... There's n+1 ways of making an empty file :p

EDIT: I use "" to mean literally what is inside (no need to type the ""'s)
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain. Used Thunar and it worked a treat.

CJ

Back