Unreal Speccy Portable

paul3100 said:
nice one aion

Should the touch controls work?

paul3100
No, they shouldn't :) I was trying to implement Kempston mouse support via touchscreen but failed :( Kempston mouse handler doesn't recognize absolute position. Cursor always has strange offset. Need to research this issue more carefully. I just disable mouse support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for your work, external keyboard support is an interesting feature, you can make your Caanoo a full fletched ZX Spectrum with this by using the TV-Out cable, nice.

I can get to the menu and virtual keyboard through I and II, after messing around I can now reset to a Sinclair BASIC prompt but can't get any TAP to load. How does one type LOAD "" on the virtual keyboard? L gives me LET as per Sinclair's funky way of inputting.. Help! :)

astrok said:
I can get to the menu and virtual keyboard through I and II, after messing around I can now reset to a Sinclair BASIC prompt but can't get any TAP to load. How does one type LOAD "" on the virtual keyboard? L gives me LET as per Sinclair's funky way of inputting.. Help! :)

Typing "J" ill give you the load command. Then hold the left trigger and click "P" for double quotes.

Hope that helps :)

If you need reference, here's the Speccy keyboard layout - http://slady.net/Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum-keyboard/layout/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this improved version. Still there´s some problems with the diagonals in Wiz, sometimes doesnt work properly. All in all is a great emulator, one of my favourites.

The link for version 201110 does not work anymore. Can you please post it again, thanks.

The version I'm using doesn't seem to support USB keyboard.  Does anybody know where I can download the most recent version please?

Back