[Unofficial] New Gamepark Forums Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh:

Am I the only one feeling sad about that?
And thinking that this is all just plain weird and wrong?

EvilDragon said:
Am I the only one feeling sad about that?
And thinking that this is all just plain weird and wrong?
Nope,

Common sense and rationality was last seen heading south for the winter.
Why fragment an already small community. That's not helping anything.
By all means split and diversify for reasons, growth, project etc. but then the communities about this site and its partners, IRC etc. have served that need well to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
while diversity is good - one person does not constitute a community; and if you are not offering anything substantially different - which seems doubtful since your raison d'etre seems to be that apparently you cannot criticise the pandora over here?! - then duck and dead spring to mind :)

best of luck in any case :)

1. Everybody has the right to do their own thing. I like the idea of a new Wiz forum. gp32x.de has no monopoly on it. EvilDragon created gp2x.de a few years ago. Some people criticized that as splitting of the community, but I think it is a great alternative to gp32x.de.

2. The reason for the creation of this new forum is indeed a very sad thing, no doubt...

Everytime something like this happens (either publically or privately), it seems to last a couple of months, gets very few posts, and then dries up and dies.

For that reason, trying again seems a little pointless.

"Over at gp32x.de, you are not allowed to talk about anything that is negative about the Pandora. I have created this forum to allow users to say whatever they want about Gamepark or Gamepark Holdings consoles."

Well that's an asymmetrical statement if ever I heard one. In any case, some of the most respected devs on gp32x are Pandora detractors, and more power to them.

What a load of bollocks.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
GP Junkie didn't survive, and this sure as hell wont either. Best of luck.

Also, your massive domain name isn't going to help newbies find the place ;)

Come on, it just rolls off the tongue.

You could try the Madigan Games Interactive website, because:
Madigan Games Interactive works to be a key innovator in the video game industry.
Their staff of one also have a fantastic store, at yet another domain where this major innovator sells a tee shirt and a mouse mat. Global domination FTW! And a Wiz forum where you can criticise the Pandora - why? Surely on a Wiz forum there is little need to raise the topic of Pandora.

Having said all that, a Wiz forum should be created here sooner than later - there is no point letting someone else get in there.

It is a shame there seems to be a divide between some advocates of Pandora and GP32/GP2x, especially as many users will be playing the same or similar games.

WizForums said:
Its temporary (the domain)

I believe that prophecy will be correct.
Just a tip - setting up websites, slowly building traffic and then moving it is not generally considered optimal. And three domains covering one business/forum/shop? Get real.

If you dislike this forum so much, why you still here?

Aaah, now I see. WizForums is actually MaGaIn. He never gave a chance to the Pandora from the very beginning... he believes in the Gizmondo though.

While I don't like any bashings (be it about the gp2x, the Pandora or the Wiz) without constructive criticism, I don't think there's much lost if MaGaln leaves the board for a different one.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
GP Junkie didn't survive, and this sure as hell wont either. Best of luck.

Also, your massive domain name isn't going to help newbies find the place ;)
That wasn't lack of interest but lack of funding...

Hmm... ohwell.

Different sites offering different stuff is good. But that didn't turn out like that.

As it's closed, I'll also close the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back