Universal Usb Application

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering, is it possible to make an app for the gp2x, that whould automaticly start up on start up, that would allow a usb device to simulate key strokes of the gp2x. This would allow a universal use of usb device through the gp2x craddle (At least for single player). But, is it possible to make and will anyone make it. (REWARD)!

well, you could hack the gpio dev to use the usb input, afaikt his even has been done by someonenow that i think about it.... *searches*

I tried to write a USBJoy keywrapper for the GP2X... but I was in over my head and didn't really know what I was doing. I think Open2X formware was planning on using a joystick module that would at least let the menu be browsed by USBjoystick... I also assume that with that module it would be easier to write some key-wrapper thing. I dunno, I definitely think that something should be done if possible :)

Well the thing about putting it on wiki, is that not alot of people look at it. Does anyone know of anyone who would be interested in the challenge. This would be an amazing advancement to everyone who has a breakout board. Thanks for the replys though and all of yours guys support. I really hope this can be done!

Spadoof said:
Well the thing about putting it on wiki, is that not alot of people look at it.
You'd be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you say so, I will.......... I just wish alot more people were interested in the development of apps for the Breakout board <_< .......... But if anyone has any news of someone interseted in a project, I will help in anyway I can!

:gp2x forever!

Spadoof said:
Well if you say so, I will.......... I just wish alot more people were interested in the development of apps for the Breakout board <_< .......... But if anyone has any news of someone interseted in a project, I will help in anyway I can!

:gp2x forever!
Well, I'd say that the percentage of people who have both a gp2x and a BoB is slight, and thus those people who don't have a BoB mostly don't include BoB code simply because they can't test it, and if someone reports it as not working, they have no idea of how to fix.

This is the reason I don't bother with BoB/USB joystick support myself. I'm not really interested in USB joystick support, so I don't have a BoB. However, if your willing to donate BoBs to developers to encourage more "BoB compliant software", then feel free :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll see what I can do about that....... I first need to know how many developers need the bob that would be willing to help in my perdicament.......... If you are intersested write me. Spadafora08@aol.com :ph34r:

Holy crap! Squidge?!?!?!??!?! :lol:
I didn't even realize it was you.......

Back