Unable To Run Programs On Gp2x

onceways

Still Fresh
Hi all I'm using a 512 Sandisk card with a Gp2x which has the latest firmware installed.
I also installed the LCD fix.

I've installed the Library files but when I try and run an application via pressing the button on the joystick I just get the option to delete the file i've select. Nothing seems to run. Could someone give me an example on how to execute either the snes or Neogeo emu.

Thanks

in advance.

The Explorer is only for deleting files. To run games use the Game menu and select the right .gpe executable. To run .gpu files go to Utility.

I am actually having problems gettin stuff to run from the games page. I put the stuff on my card and ran the libs utitlity but all I can get to run is quake.

Well I can go one better, none of the apps that require the sdl lib will run on mine even though I've installed it (many times) plus I don't have a single SD card that'll allow me to update the firmware!!

- Ever get the feeling you've been had?? I'm sure starting to feel that way!

Rick :(

Strike that... success... after only 2 whole days I got a game to run!!! <_<

I am actually having problems gettin stuff to run from the games page. I put the stuff on my card and ran the libs utitlity but all I can get to run is quake.

You need to explain what these "problems" are: black screen, file not showing up, what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Black screen that I can't exit.

Alright, that means the libs we not installed. You need to install them once but if the install fails you don't get an error message. You don't get a success message either when it works :lol: All you get is the games working or not.

Follow this thread for libs installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere a walkthrough. a sort of 'first few hours' with the gp2x? I was away for the first week, and haven't a clue really. I've found the on/off switch, though....

Back