Unable To Open Port?!

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
Damn i cant seem to figure this out. I have used my GP32 before i have installed many emus on it converted many Anime episodes to watch on GPcinema. but it has been like 3-4 months since i last picked it up, and within that 3-4 months i reformated my comp, but kept backups of all my GP32 files.
the problem is now that i have PClink installed i try to connect to my GP32 but i always get this "failed to open USB port" message. People have been telling me that its because of the dirvers i need to install to windows and have given me links on where i can get em, but the thing is once i get em i dont know how to install em.

whenever i turn on my GP32 i get this "Found New Hardware Wizard" that asks me to install software for USB device. I make a folder with the drivers in it but every time i try to select the folder with the wizard it wont let me select it for some reason :blink:

can somebody please help me. this is really frustrating me now as it has been like 2 months that i have been trying to fix this. :(

Its a pretty lame answer, but I've had similar trouble. (I think its my firmware but not sure). The best advice esp. for transferring video etc. is to get a card reader. They're cheap as chips now. Around $10 US or £10 UK

when the wizard opens make sure you click the manual install radio box, then select the folder with the drivers in it.

I am having trouble too. When the wizard pops up and I select my folder to look in, sortly after I click next a message pops up and says Windos XPdoes not recommend installing this software. WHat should I do. As you can see I am using Windows XP.

Try this one:
http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...fileinfo&id=151

And XP will usually whinge about drivers not being signed (especially with small companies producing the devices who lack the funding or whatever is required to get the devices checked by the WHQL). Seems rather stupid to me. "Windows advises you do not install this software." Oh, OK, I won't use this expensive piece of hardware I just bought and really want to play around with...

It's just MS being retarded and wanting to show that they are big on security. Ignore it. Click "Install anyway, goddammit!" or whatever it says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back