Uae On Gp2X Vs Caanoo

darshie

Still Fresh
Quick question: is there a lot of differences between how UAE runs on GP2x and Caanoo? I've found a good deal on a GP2x but I am not sure if it is worth it, compared to the caanoo.

Yeah, I am still looking for a Caanoo :D I may end up biting the bullet and getting one for $190 from KR.

UAE is among the hardest one on console hardware (like Mame I think), so I was wondering how inferior is a GP2X while playing Amiga games, compared to the Caanoo.

Any reliable data out there? Saw some videos on youtube but they just show 1 or 2 games; while I am interested in knowing how good Amiga games runs on the GP2x, and also if I still need to play with the emulator settings for each single game :) 

I have both. The Caanoo runs Amiga emulation a bit smoother than the Gp2x. If you can't find one take a look at the gcwzero, it's early days but looks like picking up where GPh left off.

Thanks codfis for the reply; I've found one for 60 bucks but if it is less smooth than the Caanoo I will just get the Caanoo at this point.

The zero is on my list, but it seems that they didn't hit their expected mark with the donations, so I am not sure when you will be able to get one in facts.

It looks promising thou, with that speed it can emulate probably almost everything; but my main concern is related to native applications...haven't seen any trace of how the SDK will be.

Back