Two Questions

Evan_O

Still Fresh
Heya, I've been thinking about getting a GP2X for quite a while...at first I was going to get a PSP, until I found this. I have always been a big fan of Linux, so that is the one big reason that the GP2X perked my interest, that and the homebrew/emulator ability, and lets face it, PSP's games suck compared to what you could Emulate on a console such as this.

Now, two questions.

A) How bad is the joystick? I've heard mixed reviews on it. The two things I mainly want it for is games (Homebrew, emulation) and music, so would I have much a problem with it? And, speaking of music, how is the sound quality through the headphones/speakers?

B ) The screen. One of the things I HATED about all the Gameboy's (except for the DS/SP) was the screen, it was DARK and you had to be under a light to be able to see it, not exactly my idea of great. Is the screen on the GP2X self-lighting?

Thanks,
Evan.

Ah, thanks. As long as the screen is back-lit and I can see it where ever, I'm a happy camper.

1) The new joystick should be fine, I have the old one with a DaveC cap and little trouble with it.

2) The only problem is being under direct strong sunlight (as with most other devices).

Back