Tv-out Semi-working

Silberstein

Website
www.pandionweb.se
Hi! Just tried my Gp2x tv-out, and it doesn't work very well. The picture is grayscale but somtimes flickers in to colour. The EXT connector seams poorly fitted, and when I wiggle it a bit the tv-screen goes between, black, grayscale and flickering. Sounds like bad connectivity to me, and that should be pretty hard to fix.

The thing is, I bought it from gp32z.com. Since they are no longer in business, does that mean I no longer have any warranty?

Silberstein posted on Aug 17 2006 at 12:25 PM said:
Hi! Just tried my Gp2x tv-out, and it doesn't work very well. The picture is grayscale but somtimes flickers in to colour. The EXT connector seams poorly fitted, and when I wiggle it a bit the tv-screen goes between, black, grayscale and flickering. Sounds like bad connectivity to me, and that should be pretty hard to fix.

The thing is, I bought it from gp32z.com. Since they are no longer in buissness, does that mean I no longer have any warranty?

I think there was a thread about this when the first tvout cables where shipped.

There was also a very easy fix for it but I'm to lazy to search for you. :)

Try the wiki I think I saw it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've got a tv-out cable that does the same thing. If it's got a male s-video plug, it's the old one that apparently just sucks. Sorry. Mine works if I prop the cables up. Try fidgeting with the position of the svideo lead.

I'm just going to wait for the enclosed version of the BoB, rather than pick up a new tv-out, since mine works if I screw with it. There's an email address for GP32z repair/replacement that was posted on the forum, here. That should put you in touch with someone that could exchange it, if you want.

LordFu posted on Aug 18 2006 at 12:46 AM said:
Yeah, I've got a tv-out cable that does the same thing. If it's got a male s-video plug, it's the old one that apparently just sucks. Sorry. Mine works if I prop the cables up. Try fidgeting with the position of the svideo lead.

I'm just going to wait for the enclosed version of the BoB, rather than pick up a new tv-out, since mine works if I screw with it. There's an email address for GP32z repair/replacement that was posted on the forum, here. That should put you in touch with someone that could exchange it, if you want.

Thanks both of you for clearing this up. :) You are correct, It's got a male s-video plug, which I thought was very stupid indeed since you had to get an adapter which costed as much as the tv-out cable it self. I've tried most of what you suggested, but still no good picture. And by the way, what is the "enclosed version of the BoB"? :p

EDIT: Did I put this in the gp32 section? How very stupid. I will report this topic and maby it could be moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
The breakout board, or BoB, is a pcb that has 4 usb ports, tv-out ports, and some other stuff. Currently, only the "developer's" version is available, and it's just a bare board with no case or enclosure.

Back