TV adverts

Can I rant about a series of adverts that I absolutely hate, here? :p

Sure feel free.

Just wondered if anyone remembered that Carling one but add on any loved/loathed ads here: )

Sure feel free.
Thanks. :D I almost started an "Ads That Shouldn't be Allowed on TV" topic just last week due to these, funnily enough. :p

I utterly, thoroughly despise the ads for Clover. I would say "Hopefully other UK residents agree with me on this.", but going on the fact that these accursed, godawful things have been running for twelve entire years now, it seems that most people are fine with them, unfortunately. Non-Brits, prepare yourselves, you poor people, for you're about to experience a specially hand-picked minute-and-a-half of pure hell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxU4VohZLOo

If it's not readily obvious after watching these abominable advertisements, what I roundly despise about them is the fact that Clover is an iffy butter substitute, NOT SOME SORT OF EPIC MUSICAL!!

These adverts are cringe-inducingly horrible, overacted, and off-putting, and they have been single-handedly turning me away from even going near the product for more than a decade. They're also *incredibly* hammy, and if there's one thing that I don't want with my ham, it's Clover.

Infuriatingly, whilst in a restaurant a few weeks ago, the song that these ads frequently maul was playing, and all I could think of was these godawful commercials that feature an implied nation of people getting extremely over-emotional about, and singing about, a brand of margarine.

Just wondered if anyone remembered that Carling one but add on any loved/loathed ads here: )
Alas, I can't say that I do! I think I may be a bit too young... :p It certainly is a genius advert, though, and it's delightfully absurd when the cowboy pops up in the washing powder segment towards the end. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
article-0-0CD7B469000005DC-46_468x286.jpg

Kill him.

Yeah the Clover ones are annoying... I think I can trump them though.

You might not have witnessed the pap that is Advanced Hair Studio advertising...

...what can I say?!

well, they're on late at night, I don't get much sleep so catch all this crap, they are clearly not your normal UK advert and some long infomercial type junk, like a lot of the American ones we get for 60-second-abs and the likes.

This is one of the ones I hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VjnkbhXnXA

BUT.. they get worse, so much worse...

There is one, which I couldn't find on YT, but it's ALL of that previous 3 minute one, PLUS additional minutes of him and some other sportsman waffling on about how great things are now with their new hair... it is dire.

to top it off, that one has this ones music running all the way through it, for about 5 mins I swear..

Listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfgWueuqM5A

If I see it now at night I have to turn over as I know it's going to be on for the next five minutes... terrible adverts

Back of the line Strigoi: )

I heard he gets a lot of greif from people for his ads, but apparently in real life he is an alright bloke

^ Possibly one of my favourite advertisements of all time. :D The bit where he's putting the vegetables through the letter box tickles me every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back