Turn Based Tactics Games On Gp32?

Tidus posted on Dec 8 2004 at 09:33 PM said:
HandHeldGosu posted on Dec 8 2004 at 09:24 PM said:
Starcraft- Greatest Game Ever. Best selling pc game of all time. So ballenced u can flip a coin on it . Starcraft Wips C&C 40,000 Times Around. I bought wc3 and wc3 (Which May I add is more recent then SC) Dosent even come close.

hummm correct me if I'm wrong but Starcraft don't exist in any form on GP32 ;)

wait dose c&c exsist for gp32. because if it dose screw chirstmas im buying my gp32 this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
to add to the list of emulated turn based games there is

Lords of Chaos,
Space Crusade,
Hero Quest ,

on various platforms. And don't forget the amazing Advanced Military Commander on Genesis which there is an English patch for - highly recommended if you want a fully involved strategy game....

not forgetting on the snes......ball bullet gun.

bb gun based battle. game modes include capture the flag, last man standing etc

but is in japanese (dont let that put you off), but bit of trial an error and youll get the hang of it.....very cool game. there was a translation patch around somwhere cant remeber if it ever got finished / what happened to it.

a couple of people have been talking about advanced military comander (megadrive), haven't looked at it yet but it sounds pretty fun. i will have to check it out! so it plays fine on the GP32 then..?

another great megadrive/Genesis game is Herzog Zwei, "the first RTS" - I don't know if it runs properly on GP32 yet, I got it to load with gigadrive though. my favorite game of all time, MAYBE...

also you got Warlocked on GBC, and Heroes of Might + Magic GBC (too bad they never made GBA updates.. did they?) And Super Famicom Wars looks great but no finished translation patch.

Other (supposedly) great games to investigate are Earth Light 1 + 2 for Super Famicom, but again.. no patch as of yet, if ever, so it's all in Jap. Supposed to be in the vein of Military Madness (which i STILL HAVENT PLAYED EITHER!! GAHHH!) and I've heard great things about each.

Advance Wars was the most fun with a game I have had in years...

ralp99 posted on Dec 9 2004 at 09:38 AM said:
a couple of people have been talking about advanced military comander (megadrive), haven't looked at it yet but it sounds pretty fun. i will have to check it out! so it plays fine on the GP32 then..?
don't get put off by the initial difficulty level, iirc the site that has the patch also has a reasonably comprehensive manual to get you off the ground.

And, yes, it works perfectly but with no sound (fgen)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back