Ts2a

JayFoxRox

Website
jannikvogel.de
This is not Pandora specific at all - I'm looking for devs to complete this or those, who might want to have voice chat in their game

I added this project to the wiki in the utilities section.

http://pandorawiki.org/TS2A

I will update the article whenever I have time to do it. I have about 80% or more percent of the protocol covered and also have some information on TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 1.
Its a bit of work to put the code into the wiki format and I still have to eliminate some functions and replace them by explanations. The final version will probably be a small table for each packets describing its fields and some pseudocode or the modified VB6 code to go with it.
Feel free to pick up this project. I was annoyed by the quality of the TeamSpeak linux client and I was missing features like multi-server, multi-channel, sound-bank features etc from the windows version and wrote my own client - it was pretty fast and lightweight (somewhat better than the original - even if it is more crashy because of unsupported packets) and so I decided to port it to C++ to go with the PSP when I got the camera which features a microphone. I wrote an OpenGL and GU based user interface but thats based on my own GUI engine which is going to be used in my - hopefully - commercial game so I don't want to release that yet.
In novemeber I added my own server to the packet but thats not stable enough and information on that might not follow - I will only post more about that if I can get it stable myself in my free time.
If you have any questions just contact me.
But be warned: the protocol sucks and sometimes the server does a ddos on you while trying to ping you if you already left without its knowledge. Its also really crashy and doesn't correct errors - you can easily crash servers and the connected clients, therefore you should only try it on your own, local server.

If this was aimed at me, which it sounds like - even tho its weird and would mean you didn't read the post: No, this is about reverse engineering TeamSpeak 2 (which is mostly done).
Ofcourse I do know about mumble, just like almost every linux user who is into this kind of stuff, but TeamSpeak is used a lot more. A lot of communitys use it for their voip needs and it has a huge community.
Having TeamSpeak on the Pandora is a huge plus I think.
Mumble is also not too good imo. It has the better quality and seems to be more stable. However some features are not in there or don't work correctly - but I didn't use mumble since late 2008 because I only know one community which is using Mumble instead of TeamSpeak.

I'm sorry if it sounded like it was aimed at you, I wasn't very clear. I was commenting on "or those, who might want to have voice chat in their game" and just wanted to inform that mumble is an alternative since this project didn't seem to be quite ready for immediate use. I do realise that this is about reverse enginering teamspeak and i hope you succeed, the more possibilities the better.

Well I succeeded already, I only share this information because I won't maintain this project in the near future and I would still like to have an alternative + pandora client.
The most important packets are documented and the last remaining packets can be documented easily too I think.
All the information is there - it just has to be put into code-form and audio input and output must be added. It shouldn't be too hard - I have my own working client and server already but its not stable and the code is really dirty and still has some PSP specific parts in it.

Back