Trying To Run Vice 2.1, But It Freezes On The "loading" Screen

tobor

Still Fresh
Hi. After doing some searches here, it seems that most people's issues with Vice for the Wiz is emulation performance. I can't actually get mine working. I just got my Wiz, and I believe the firmware is 1.1.0.

I saw a May 2009 thread where someone mentioned that people were having problems with libcastor.so.

However, there are other threads that end as recently as last month (including the Vice 2.1 update announcement). I don't see anyone having problems with anything but C64 emulation performance.

I just can't get this running. I downloaded Vice 2.1 for Wiz and unarchived it to my SD card. I try to run different gpe executables from Launcher, but in all cases, it moves to the black "Loading" screen and it freezes.

I'd love some help here. I must be missing something obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
This only happens in Vice?

Try re-downloading and double check that it is indeed the Wiz version. Perhaps something got corrupted in the data folder or something.

Double check that all the files are there, with nothing added to it the folder should have 148 files in 10 folders and be 29.1 MB.

Wish I could help but it should run. I've run this emulator on a class "2" SD. Location of the files doesn't seem to matter either(as long as they are all together.)

Crookedmouth said:
Double check that all the files are there, with nothing added to it the folder should have 148 files in 10 folders and be 29.1 MB.

Don't I feel silly. For some reason, I ended up having 11.5 MB worth of files instead of 29.1. I downloaded and unarchived it again, and it works fine now.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back