Trying To Get A Os X Theme...

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I've been trying for a while to try and get a nice OS X skin/theme for XP, but I noticed that all of don't work that well with Firefox. When I open up firefox, the browser window (the part where you see the website) constantly shakes up and down. I tried Style XP, window blinds, and Desktop X, but I still can't get it to work! Any tips?

EDIT: Gah! A grammatical error and I can't fix it! The world's come to an end!

Get the UXTheme Patcher here

This does not take up extra RAM/Processor cycles etc....
*PATCH IN SAFE MODE*
Place the Themes in Windows\Resources\themes\

Get Visual Styles from Deviant Art:

DeviantArt browser

Milk theme Visual Style

Milk Theme for Firefox:

Milktheme for Firefox

Deviant Art also has the best selection for Wallpapers so go here.

If you want to skin your Icons use the latest version of Iconpackager and get the icons from here

If you have a fast Pc then CursorXP and YZdock are very nice as well.

You get CursorXp cursors from here and YZDock can use png's or icos which can also be got from here

some people say that Mobydock/Objectdock is a better dock but YZdock uses lower system resources than both of those, and Mobydock is very slow on my PC, despite having a very new PC...

Hope this helps... B)

yeah that crazy shaking thing happened to me which is why i thought firefox sucked at first. for the first 5 mins when i first opened it i just kept going to sites that the window didnt shake with and eventually it just went away (im using window blinds so just stick with it and it should eventually just stop)

yeah that crazy shaking thing happened to me which is why i thought firefox sucked at first. for the first 5 mins when i first opened it i just kept going to sites that the window didnt shake with and eventually it just went away (im using window blinds so just stick with and it should eventually just stop)
What sites did you go to? All the sites I've tried did the shaking thing. And do you think the issue could be that I'm also using a Firefox theme?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that crazy shaking thing happened to me which is why i thought firefox sucked at first. for the first 5 mins when i first opened it i just kept going to sites that the window didnt shake with and eventually it just went away (im using window blinds so just stick with and it should eventually just stop)
What sites did you go to? All the sites I've tried did the shaking thing. And do you think the issue could be that I'm also using a Firefox theme?
No i do not have the same problem (and i am totally themed up).

I get the problem if i rearrange the icons in firefox sometimes...

i cant remember what sites i went to but there were 2 or 3 in my favourites that it didnt shake with so i just kept refreshing them

Back