I can't get Firefox 13 to run

igboo

I've tried d/l'ing the Firefox pnd several times through both my Pandora and my PC, but when I try to run it, I get a pop up window telling me:

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

I can't find a Firefox process running, and restarting the system doesn't help.

I'm running Superzaxxon 1.51 on a 1Ghz unit.

Any suggestions?

delete the hdonk_firefox appdata folder

if that doesnt work, check the .out file and post it here in a spoiler tag or pastebin fashion

EDIT: double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes it can be slow to start, so much so that once or twice I've had the same error message (Firefox is already running) because I began to doubt that I'd clicked on the icon properly and tried to launch it again... leading to that very message popping up.

It's a long shot, but try launching it and waiting a little longer than you would, just to see... ;)

Also found it was prone to corruption on a cheap SD card ('Bytestor') I used, works much better on a Sandisk I switched to.

Deleting the app data folder did the trick. I kept looking for an appdata/Firefox... folder to delete. I didn't realize the folder name was /hdonk... so I kept blowing right past it in Midnight Commander.

Thanks for your help

Back