Trying To Find A List Of Games...

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi!

I`m currently on a space shooter trip, so I`m searching for all kind of vertical and horizontal space shooters (like R-Type), with a lot of laser upgrades and that stuff.

Does anyone know of such games, that could be played in the gp32, and for which system they are (i don`t want any links or something like that, so thats no rom request!)

Just want to know if some genre fans are around and if they can post their fav space shooters...

Well first the obvious one, R-Type on the PC-Engine. It's absolutely beautiful on the gp32. Full speed, full screen and sound.

I always have trouble trying to remember the shooters that work on the PC-Engine.

Air-Zonk and Twinbee should do you good. Not to mention Raiden. It has a nice version of 1943 and After Burner 2 (which is better than the Mega Drive version). There's also Atomic Robo Kid.

Blazing Lazers, Gun Hed and Final Soldier are also very good shooters although I'm pretty sure only one of them works fully in GPEngine. Super Star Soldier may perhaps be the one I think is the best but I always confuse the names of these games.

Edit : More I forgot about : Darius Plus, Parodius and Sidearms

-----------------------------------------------------</PCEngine>

For the Mega Drive there are quite a few good shooters aswell. Unfortunately most don't seem to run at all in FGen32. However I haven't tried Gigadrive much.

The best one i've played that plays great with OSNES9X is Super Earth Defense Force.

u.n. squadron on the super nintendo!
but pc engine is clearly the console with a lot of great shoot em ups.

edit: i'm also looking very much forward to the next release (?) of noiz2sa, it really got me hooked, that game.

yuujin posted on Sep 27 2004 at 06:35 PM said:
u.n. squadron on the super nintendo!
but pc engine is clearly the console with a lot of great shoot em ups.

edit: i'm also looking very much forward to the next release (?) of noiz2sa, it really got me hooked, that game.

U.N Squadron Seriously owns, and i own that game originally!!! ^^

But it isn't a sapce shooter now is it.

I'll ad Zero Wing

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks alot! Thats much to try! :D

And I don`t really care if one or two are not in space, like 1943 or UN Squadron, cause both of them are nice games B)

Parodius has got to be the most bizarre shoot em up i have ever played. Recommended. :)

Back