Looking For Some 2player Lan Games

Quiest

I like turtles!
Well as the title says, but I don`t want comercial games, I`m searching for any kind of freeware games / minigames that are god for a two player lan session :D

Does anyone know any good, addictive games?

Thanks in advance.

I dunno If you want to include Abandonware, but the original Command and Conquer is a good bet. Hell, I bet even C&C Gold is now abandonware. But that's if you believe in abandonware... If not, I'm all outta ideas :(

:EDIT: Is Enemy Territory LAN? Most likely...

well, no comercial games, I`m looking for homebrew lan games like blobby volley, chicken tournament, such games.

well heres a game i may suggest, its called little fighter 2 or lf2 if you like...

http://www.lf2.as.ro/

its free and has lan and story mode that you can play with one other friend....

when you go on the site go "downloads" the d/l the 3 option down out of the options you get and you jus have to click a few times, and then at the end you press exit on the thing and then it starts. remember to change the controls cause there abit crap at the beggining.

lf2 is a 2d/isometric game and you can choose different characters and do special moves ect....

im not to sure if you were talking about a game like this.... hope this is it though...

The General has several multiplayer options. Every possible way of multiplayer is allowed. Get it here.

Well Of Souls is a RPG and MMORPG and every possible way of multiplayer is allowed. Get it here. They also have many other multiplayer games, too. Its their specialty.

There's an article in this months Retro gamer about abandonware, lists a few sites!

Haven't checked them yet!

finty posted on Apr 30 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
Abandonware exists? I thought that was just a bad excuse for warez.

nope, abandonware is legit. Check out the home of the underdogs. There are some quality games available. System Shock 2 was recently released to them, which is awesome news. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
c0ncept posted on Apr 30 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
finty posted on Apr 30 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
Abandonware exists? I thought that was just a bad excuse for warez.

nope, abandonware is legit. Check out the home of the underdogs. There are some quality games available. System Shock 2 was recently released to them, which is awesome news. :)

Home Of The Underdogs said:
We believe that providing games that have been abandoned by their publishers, while technically illegal, is a valuable service to the gaming community because these games are in danger of disappearing into obscurity, and their copyright holders no longer derive any revenues from them.

didn't see that, ah well. Underdogs have been around a long time though, I guess the copyright holders can't disagree to strongly with them or they would have been shut down ages ago.

Hey, you are not reading what I`m asking for!
No commercial games, please, I know a lot of comercial games to play on LAN.

I`m searching for free downloadable homebrew games.

Rico posted on May 4 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
When I found out about System Shock 2 on HOTU I nearly spat my drink out in amazement. Thanks for the tip!
It's the neutered version and it wont work with co-op.

Klown posted on May 5 2005 at 06:52 AM said:
Rico posted on May 4 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
When I found out about System Shock 2 on HOTU I nearly spat my drink out in amazement. Thanks for the tip!
It's the neutered version and it wont work with co-op.
i'll kill each and every one of you

EDIT: it says 'full cd-rom' though, not a rip :S
EDIT2: I see, it's a patch.

Back