Trying To Compile Pentagram

sand_man

I'm making an attempt at compiling Pentagram. At first I'll get in running with SDL under x86 binaries then I'll port it to the gp2x if I'm sucessful. My problem is these error messages. I'm not huge on C++, I use C mostly so these messages are quite cryptic to me. Surely there is an easy way to fix it.

Code:
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:122: error: invalid operands of types `int*' and `unsigned int' to binary `operator*'
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:122: error: invalid operands of types `int*' and `sint32' to binary `operator*'
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:207: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:211: error: invalid operands of types `sint32' and `int*' to binary `operator*'
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:289: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
graphics/SoftRenderSurface.inl:291: error: invalid operands of types `sint32' and `int*' to binary `operator*'

I have about 50+ messages similar to those. They all have to do with static_cast and reinterpret_cast, things I know nothing about. Any help is appreciated.

sorry I managed to fix it. Silly mistake really. I didn't define the types properly.

OMars posted on Mar 23 2006 at 05:26 AM said:
WTF is 'pentagram'? :huh:

pentagram is OMFG is what it is, imagine if the kiddies from exult did ultima8 instead of 7 and say Crusader No Remorse/Regret were part of the same engine.
http://pentagram.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too excited. I'm a pretty average coder. The chances of me doing this are slim but if I don't attempt it I'll never learn.

Both Crusaders worked in 640x480 though. I dont think zoom to 320x240 would be too handy for this kind of game and rescalling would probably turn the games into a colorful jumble. Dont want to be pesimistic, this just looks like a problem to me.

Wolfspirit posted on Mar 24 2006 at 04:58 AM said:
Puck2099 was working on this as well. If you check out his development page he speaks of it there. http://www.gp32wip.com/

Excellent. That mean's we will get it either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back