Beta Truecrypt Pnd Ready For Testing

daniel3000

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I have compiled and packaged TrueCrypt.
TrueCrypt is software which allows you to keep a container file containing an entire encrypted file system.

Why would you want to use TrueCrypt?
If you only use the Pandora as a gaming machine, you probably won't.
But consider that the Pandora is a small device which you probably carry around a lot, so it can easily be lost or stolen. In such a case, you may not want the thief or the person who finds your Pandora have access to some data you may have stored on the Pandora or on an SD card mounted in the Pandora.

You can e.g. have an encrypted container as large as a few GB on an SD card and put a lot of stuff in there, e.g. your Emails, contacts, documents, photos etc.

TrueCrypt is available for Desktop Linux, Winodws and Mac OS X, too, so sharing your encrypted data with other computers is as easy as installing TrueCrypt on each of the computers and swapping the SD card between these computers (or using network / USB access to the Pandora from the other computers).

It has been a bit complicated to ensure that TrueCrypt always would work on the Pandora, because a kernel module has to be loaded before starting TrueCrypt from the PND in order to make TrueCrypt work, and a few other minor problems had to be overcome.
So I'd like to let you test the TrueCrypt PND before I release it to the public in the official filie archive.

Please report any problems with it here in this thread.

You can find full documentation and a short tutorial for TrueCrypt on http://www.truecrypt.org/docs

Download the PND here.

Thank you!
Daniel

Oh god! If this works then I want to have your babies! I was hoping for something "like" Truecrypt, but to get the actual Truecrypt itself... awesome.

OK,tried it. It allowed me to create a crypted file container, but when I try to mount it it gives me an error message:
"No such file or directory: dmsetup"

Looks like it's missing the device mapping libs.

OK, after some googling around I got it working by doing this:

1. run Truecrypt
2. then in Settings -> Preferences->System Integration mark "Do not use Kernel cryptographic services"
3. reboot for good measure

Back