Trouble Loading Maps With The New Gpwar

T

TelcoLou

I can't seem to load any maps. I get a "Now loading" screen, that just sits there, never loads anything. If I pick the "easy" map, I get a screen with a hand-drawn guy icon on the top left corner, and a female icon on the bottom left.

I put gpwar.fxe in the GPMM directory, and the GPWAR folder (with all bajillion of its sub folders and such) as well in the GPMM directory.

Have I screwed up somehow?

Edit: 31 views ... and no one knows what's wrong? :(

I'm using Mr Spiv's FW2, and it does the same thing under Pacrom, Windups or the original FW. Help ... pleeeease!! I want to play this game badly! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply. I copied them over using PC link, then deleted them and re-added using my card reader, same issue.

Then I tried putting the GPWAR folder in the GAME directory. It didn't even get to the "new game" "credits" "load game" selection screen, so It tries to read the map files, it seems, then hangs there at the "Now Loading" screen after the music stops playing.

Quite frustrating...

If it made it to the pics of the guy and ladie, your just impatient. They talk then the round starts and it's quite fast to load the next levels after that... Did you add the music pack? you'll have to download it and use pclinkhack to upload them as they have no extension at the end.

Hope that helped

I cant even put it on my smc! I have 20 megs of free space and when I install the game it says its too big. This blows... I was really looking forward to playing it... I just dont get it though! The file is under 6 megs, so why the hell is it not fitting :angry:

Hooka posted on May 27 2004 at 03:49 PM said:
If it made it to the pics of the guy and ladie, your just impatient. They talk then the round starts and it's quite fast to load the next levels after that... Did you add the music pack? you'll have to download it and use pclinkhack to upload them as they have no extension at the end.

Hope that helped
:eek: You may have nailed it!! I did put in the music files, but renamed them to .wav ... I'm so fucking stupid. Thanks, will try it now.....

Yep, you got it Hooka!! It was trying to read the music file, which I added the .wav extension to. Why id did this, I have no clue ... must be Alzheinmer's.

Thanks so much for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back