Total Annihiltion

Lindopski

Still Fresh
I'd be overjoyed to see a version of TA come to the GP2x however I dont know how they would carry it out.

My god that'll be great, to bad that the sourcecode inst released :(

maybe it could handle it, but the resolution and mouse are needed.

i preferred to play the game in 1280 or 1600 res on the PC. no chance it would be fun at 320x240.
if you want to do a RTS for a device with low res and without touchscreen you have to design the gameplay and control accordingly.

there where a few very very good for palm OS and pocketPC. but those relied on the touchscreen exclusively

stratagus is an engine ported to pocket PC that can play warcraft2
It could be ported to gp2x too
it is available in 320*240.

see you :lol:

Are u saying that people would want stratagus ported over?

I'm up for it. My other program won't compile (And its pissing me off, to add)

Last edited by a moderator:
stratagus is an engine ported to pocket PC that can play warcraft2
It could be ported to gp2x too
it is available in 320*240.

Are u saying that people would want stratagus ported over?

I'm up for it. My other program won't compile (And its pissing me off, to add)
If you'd like a break, you'd be better off trying Battle for Wesnoth IMO. As you can see, it is possible, but needs to be optimized: (http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-gp2x-preAlpha-100506.tar.bz2)

PM grzywacz for GP2X-specific changes.

well, I dont know if people would be pleased to see stratagus or Battle for Wesnoth on GP2X but Im sure they would all enjoy to have a new game/engine.
Maybe it wont be used a lot, but, if it is easily doable, then that should be done :)

There is an open source version of Total Annihilation called TA Spring.

With source code available in the download section here

Trooper
Thanks trooper, but http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/FAQ#What_...s_Spring_use.3F :
uses SDL/OpenGL for rendering, OpenAL for sound (which will connect to DirectSound on Windows and OSS or ALSA on Linux),

OpenGL was possible on Egoboo, but this seems to use it much more extensively (from the video and screenshots I've seen).

OK guys, i hit my first pothole in porting Stratagus, unfortunately at the end of my compile, but I'm sure someone here can help me. Its a linker error, I've posted it in the Dev help forum.

Back