GP2X Toolchain Or Sdm_mixer.a

michu

Still Fresh
Website
www.neophob.com
hey all

im running into a strange problem.. i just implemented some sound code into my project. on windows its working fine, but when i want to compile it with my crosscompiler, i get some strange errors.

my makefile:
<snap>
Code:
LIBS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --libs` -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lpng12 -lz -lSDL_mixer -lsmpeg
<snap>

the error:
Code:
c:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-g++ -static -o demo.gpe  demo.o Collision.o DrawStuff.o car.o unrarlib.o `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/
arm-linux-sdl-config --libs` -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lpng12 -lz -lSDL_mixer -lsmpeg
C:/devkitGP2X/lib\libmikmod.a(mdriver.o): In function `MD_DropPrivileges':
../playercode/mdriver.c:919: warning: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared
libraries from the glibc version used for linking
C:/devkitGP2X/lib\libsmpeg.a(MPEGvideo.lo): In function `~MPEGvideo':
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:222: undefined reference to `SDL_FreeYUVOverlay'
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:222: undefined reference to `SDL_FreeYUVOverlay'
C:/devkitGP2X/lib\libsmpeg.a(MPEGvideo.lo): In function `MPEGvideo::SetDisplay(SDL_Surface*, SDL_mutex*, void (*)(SDL_Su
rface*, int, int, unsigned int, unsigned int))':
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:438: undefined reference to `SDL_FreeYUVOverlay'
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:440: undefined reference to `SDL_CreateYUVOverlay'
C:/devkitGP2X/lib\libsmpeg.a(MPEGvideo.lo): In function `MPEGvideo::SetDisplayRegion(int, int, int, int)':
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:503: undefined reference to `SDL_FreeYUVOverlay'
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/MPEGvideo.cpp:504: undefined reference to `SDL_CreateYUVOverlay'
C:/devkitGP2X/lib\libsmpeg.a(gdith.lo): In function `MPEGvideo::DisplayFrame(vid_stream*)':
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/gdith.cpp:292: undefined reference to `SDL_LockYUVOverlay'
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/gdith.cpp:354: undefined reference to `SDL_DisplayYUVOverlay'
/home/Administrator/newtoolchain/smpeg-0.4.4/video/gdith.cpp:359: undefined reference to `SDL_UnlockYUVOverlay'
make: *** [demo.gpe] Error 1

damn!.. those functions should be in the libsmpeg library...

i checked this forum post:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=22759&st=0

and downloaded the libSDL_mixer.a, compiled by woogal. with this version, i could compile fine!

i use Octoate's GP2x toolchain (2006/03/06).

14.03.2006 15:12 1'047'250 libSDL_mixer.a <- woogals lib
07.02.2006 14:15 520'804 libSDL_mixer.a.XX <- original toolchain lib

so my questions:
a) is this known problem?
B) is there a maintainer for the (hw-accel) sdl lib for gp2x? if yes, is there a url?

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I'm doing some post-necromancy. I've noticed, that I had the same problem (when compiling Guyfawkes demo) even if I had all the libraries added to the linker command line, but the "-lSDL -lpthread" weren't the last options. Then I got the error mentioned in first post. After moving "-lSDL -lpthread" to the end of command line, everything went fine (i you don't count some warnings).
I am using "Octoate's GP2x toolchain (2006/03/06)"

Back