Time to review

Zucadragon

First up, I got lucky. I had my birthday not that long ago and I ended up with someone who, instead of buying me something specific, offered to make the Pandora a premium. I jumped at the chance and said yes. I was in the US at the time, on a vacation, and so I was even more happy when it arrived on my temporary doorstep!

I opened it up, I turned it on... Battery dead... Of course, I just thought there was something wrong with the screen at first, I panicked for a moment, then plugged it in, gave it a few minutes and sighed in relief as the machine powered on and showed the pretty logo.

First thing I noticed as I went through the setup... It looked great, the hi resolution screen, though slightly prone to showing a shadow, really is quite beautifull, allowing you to watch videos, play games and listen to music without any kind of problem. I'd say that it beats every other device I have, including the laptop I have at the moment. It's seriously beautiful, and I don't think any video I've seen really shows it off correctly. In other words, it's better than in the videos online :) .

I've got the machine for a month or so now, and I've noticed that it has it problems, it's hiccups.

On the outside, all looks great, from the lid, the screen, the buttons, they all seem to look good. I noticed that the shift button needs to be pressed really firmly in order for it to actually press correctly, this is a bit of a problem, because, when you type stuff, you use the shift a lot... I have opened it up and seen that the problem is the texture underneath the button, there the others have a roughness to the bottom of them, allowing them to press. This one is smooth (the texture is missprinted), thus it slides around more and misses it's press unless I push really hard. I can fix this myself, or if possible, I'll buy a keyboard to replace it.

I'm very happy with the keyboard, it took some time to get used to typing on it, but once I got used to it (apart from the shift of course), it was a breeze, and I got faster and faster, able to nearly blind type at this point. The controls in general seem to work pretty well as well, been playing a lot of playstation, though N64 doesn't seem to work smooth for me, and I'm the kinda person that is kinda anal about slow downs... I'm very happy with it though.

Firefox, my preffered browser, keeps saving a setting that makes it think it's already open, so I've happily moved over to the new midori, which made using the internet a snap, and it's working wonderfull now.

Office is fine, mail works great, games work good.

Gods, there's a lot of good in this machine, it's not perfect but the good side of it definitely make up for the glitches and problems that I've come across so far.

Now, if only I could get a messenger to work on it :)

Thanks for that review. Always good to hear from users about how it is. :)

For a messenger, isn't Pidgin available? That was the chat client I used to interface with Google Talk and Live Messenger when I used Ubuntu...

Thanks for the review, mate. Exactly, what problems are you having with the Pidgin universal chat client?
I don't think he exactly specified having problems with Pidgin chat client, so maybe he hasn't given that a try yet!

Nice review, by the way.

Thanks for the review, mate. Exactly, what problems are you having with the Pidgin universal chat client?

It kept on just erm... Stopping at random moments. Though I got a new SD card, and there's a chance it was the SD card causing the problem. It generally just would stop responding to clicks, and would be there, I could minimize and maximize, but beyond that, nothing would register or do anything.

Back