Tikka Dungeons

Yes!

We are currently in contact with Game Park Holdings, there may be a possibility for our game to be published as a boxed game: SD card + printed manual.
It's a very exciting event for us as the game was only supposed to be sold as a download archive.
They received a WIP demo from us, we are now waiting for them to reply...

As a demo would include most aspects of the gameplay of the final game, it now seems impossible to release one before the full completion of the game: the "engines", menu skins, sounds effects need to be completed first !
That's why no demo has been released yet.

I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but if you do get GPH to release it as a boxed version, make damn well sure we can buy it... blood cross has been out for a couple months now and I still have no way to buy it :S

As for the game itself, looks wonderful and I really enjoyed VP, so if this is similar I should be very happy...

Hooka said:
I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but if you do get GPH to release it as a boxed version, make damn well sure we can buy it... blood cross has been out for a couple months now and I still have no way to buy it :S

As for the game itself, looks wonderful and I really enjoyed VP, so if this is similar I should be very happy...
My understanding was that blood cross was a Korean made game - -- correct?
If that is right, we have more chance of having this one over hear :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tikka said:
Tikka Dungeons is an upcoming adventure/ tactical RPG game for the GP2X.
It will be a commercial release and will be available as a download archive.

The game was involved into the GBAX 2007 contest with a poorly and quickly released demo.
A lot of work has been done since, and a new demo will be available soon :)

quick screenshot:
tikka-dongeon01.png

Check out the website: it contains more information and other early screenshots of the game.
tikkadungeons.com

More to come very soon...

Tikka

I do not wish to offend the authors of Tikka Dungeons, but I really, really dislike the backgrounds that are rendered in the game. Here you have, what appears to be some really fantastic sprite work and then this plastic-y looking crummy 3D rendered backgrounds, which looks like it was taken out of a game creation starter pack or something.

I feel the backgrounds really clash with the rest of the game, and in all honesty it is a real issue for me. It would have been much nicer to have done some very nice, detailed sprite background work instead of the quick way and gone with 3D rendering.

I still think it would be a good idea to release a WIP demo to get some hype going about the game. also I think you should forget GPH and just put the game out yourself as a download. Seemed to work well for wind and water.

Magic Sam said:
Hi !

@ Tikka: What happened to your promising game ?

I just checked www.tikkadungeons.com and it seems your project is dead and burried :(

Please give some news...

Bye, Sam

I can't speak for tikka, but given some of the rather critical feedback he received, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if the project was indeed dropped. Hope not though.

Yeah, I thought the same. That would be really sad because the project looks promising... :-(

Regards,
Stephan

Back