Tiger Game.com

predatorramboxxx said:
Could the tiger game.com ever be possible on gp2x. I mean its black and white with like a processor close to the gamboy.
It has a touchscreen, though. The GP2X has none, and no modem either.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible, but it has a few things going against it, namely that there is no open source game.com emulator out there (there's a partly working MESS driver, but I don't think it works very well and MESS is very unoptimized), and there weren't enough good games to spark interest in anyone either porting it or writing one from scratch. I think you're SOL on this one.

You're not missing much. The LCD has a terrible refresh rate, so anything moving on the screen virtually disappears. Saying that, if it was emulated on the GP2X, it might make the games playable...

Gruntfuggly said:
You're not missing much. The LCD has a terrible refresh rate, so anything moving on the screen virtually disappears. Saying that, if it was emulated on the GP2X, it might make the games playable...
lol i saw some games on youtube and ur right about the game.com refresh rate. To bad there is no real emu for it. I think there is like 20 games total.

Ever played Sonic with a frameskip of about 10, terrible sound (PC speaker in the late 80s was better) and about 2 shades of grey?

Yup, that's the game.com version.

EvilDragon said:
Ever played Sonic with a frameskip of about 10, terrible sound (PC speaker in the late 80s was better) and about 2 shades of grey?

well i have to play mortal kombat trilogy for the game.com. i know it blows but i have to play it. so i might buy one since theri is no real emu for it for not even for pc

EvilDragon said:

well i have to play mortal kombat trilogy for the game.com. i know it blows but i have to play it. so i might buy one since their is no real emu for anything even for pc

Gruntfuggly said:

actually a very good reason to do it then! i know i much prefer to play gameboy on the gp2x than on my original gameboy for that very reason...

Yeh, in theory, except that the games are piss poor too. Honestly, you'd play each game once, and that would be it. Hardly worth the effort of putting an emulator together...

At the time, I found Williams Arcade Classics, Mortal Kombat and Lights Out to not be such bad games. The LCD screen really was the biggest problem. It was an interesting system...totally ballsy of Tiger to try to challenge Nintendo, you have to give them that.

Back