Thunar occasionally unable to select folders

spiralofhope

Website
blog.spiralofhope.com
Everyday usage of Thunar 1.0.2 occasionally has it stop letting me browse into folders. I cannot double-click, I cannot use the right nub to click and I cannot press enter to get into a folder.

This seems to be random. While using it, it just stops. Restarting the application it will sometimes fix this. I often have to restart it multiple times.

I looked around, and I see no references on this forum and I think my issue is a little too vague to find anything valuable via a general web search.

change between icon/list/compact view. i know one of those only goes so far into directory on pandora, while other ones work fine

Yeah known bug with thunar even on a regular PC.. if you run it entirely in icon mode it will work fine.

Is this somehow fixed with the new Pandora Beta Firmware? Browsing in Icon mode is a workaround but not a solid solution. A Filemanager that can not propperly display detailed file infos with list and date and everything is not a good filemanager.

Well, if it's a problem with Thunar in general, an upstream fix would make a lot more sense than a Pandora-specific one. What about using a different file manager, like PCMan (the LXDE one)? Not included with the OS (unless all of LXDE is included), but maybe it would be worth packaging as a PND?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this somehow fixed with the new Pandora Beta Firmware? Browsing in Icon mode is a workaround but not a solid solution. A Filemanager that can not propperly display detailed file infos with list and date and everything is not a good filemanager.

No i've seen this behavior in not only the Pandora, but the Beageboards Angstrom as well.

Well, if it's a problem with Thunar in general, an upstream fix would make a lot more sense than a Pandora-specific one. What about using a different file manager, like PCMan (the LXDE one)? Not included with the OS (unless all of LXDE is included), but maybe it would be worth packaging as a PND?
The Pandora has alot of alternative filemanagers available but I personaly don't want an extra PND for every "basic" OS component so a full working, built in filemanager would be nice. An Idea of course would be to replace thunar with something better as standard manager. The built in packer tool also is not that great by the way, I had to install a separate packer tool to open .rar files

It's a GTK-bug afaik. Switching to a different GTK-based filemanager is unlikely to fix it.
If this is all is well known, why nobody of the (existing?) "GTK-TEAM" came to the idea just to FIX this bug(s) yet? :D

Back