this might sound fucked

Yeah you're right I am looking at this post. It blows my mind that this thread is as long as it is since the original topic was pretty pointless. As for the comments on spelling I am as amazed as all of you are. I mean I can't spell that well on the average day so I dunno what the hell happened there.

Twimfy posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
thebluenewt posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
EvilDragon posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
They're kids?
So people like Mario when they're drunk and like Sonic when they're not drunk?  :lol:
Surely it's the other way round?
Quick recap on the early 90's.

Mario - Stars with eyes,
Clouds with eyes (very fluffy)
Over the top use of primary colours.
Flowers - with eyes.
Mushrooms,
Toadstools.
- Seems just a little childish to me.
Sounds more like an acid trip to me! :) I always wondered where Shigsy got these ideas from...

How is Sonic grown up anyway? It has far more childish gameplay and the sprites aren't exactly Resident Evil... Only an adult can appreciate the brilliant nuances of Mario!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on your point of view at the end of the day. I just naturally associate the speed and sleekness with a far more adult theme. I can't quite figure out why, but I'm huge Sonic fan anyway so no matter what you put against me I'll argue to the death.

PS, I'm not one of these Love Sonic hate mario types, It's just I prefer Sonic to Mario thats all, they're too different for any comparison to be made really.

Geeez, that's why Mario is always looking so happy... guess he always takes the wrong (or right, hehehe...) shrooms...

Anyway: There are a lot of cute little animals in Sonic, too ;)

But, alas, I also like Sonic better than Mario...
Sonic 2 is the best :)

EvilDragon posted on Jul 16 2003 said:
Geeez, that's why Mario is always looking so happy... guess he always takes the wrong (or right, hehehe...) shrooms...

Anyway: There are a lot of cute little animals in Sonic, too ;)

But, alas, I also like Sonic better than Mario...
Sonic 2 is the best :)
Sonic 2 is the best but I hate it. I've played it to death. My fave is Sonic CD but only the european or japanese version as the US version's soundtarck really sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back