This is total bull****! Europe launch delayed

RoboJoe32

http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?sl=&h=10&s=29304#10

This is awful :( No ASR, and we have to wait untill march 2004... Is mitsui trying to finish digging our beloved GP32 it's own grave? :( Why couldn't gamepark picked a more reliable company like samsung (they make their processors after all) Or another korean based company to distribute it?

It's because a small company called Virgin Play has decided to distribute it an unknow country called Spain. Due to this, Mitsui will have to make a couple more gp32s before launch.

RoboJoe32 posted on Oct 20 2003 at 02:13 AM said:
Why couldn't gamepark picked a more reliable company like samsung (they make their processors after all) Or another korean based company to distribute it?
Personally I do not trust Samsung. A few years ago they supplied Dell PCs with DVD/CDRW combo drives (when they were expensive). Some weeks or months after owning one, users experienced problems with the drive not responding at all. The drives simply could not read CDs or DVDs.

The only reason I know so many people had problems with the product, SM-308b, was from wading through thousands of messages of complaints on forums, and not one person had a solution. Driver and firmware updates were useless. Samsung never addressed the problem on their website, and they ignored all my emails, however friendly. I suspect they simply planned to dogde the issue in order to not face a recall.

Frustrated, my dad gave his own Samsung combo drive to me, and I literally tore the thing apart. Apparently, the drive worked fine when you loaded a CD and then gave it a gentle spin with your finger. In fact, I used it in such a manner for almost a year, skeletized in its drive slot, and my friends all called it ghetto. A month ago I finally scrapped it, as it wasn't reliable with CD burning, or playing games which required CD loading (you had to spin it several times a session playing Need For Speed High Stakes).

Sorry this post is off-topic, but the lesson is do not trust Samsung, and do not trust combo drives of any sort. Even dvd/tv/vcr (in any combination) products are plagued with problems, and Shane from retrogamingradio.com states combo products are a favorite of technicians, as they are allowed to charge twice for repairs on one of these units, having to get around one device to fix another.

It's sad I've still put money in Samsung's pocket since, with the purchase of a GP32, and yes I'll admit it, Smartmedia cards -- c'mon, they were the cheapest buy at newegg, and how could Samsung screw an SMC up? But I do my research nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung dont seem to be that great at optical drives, but ive never had a problem with anything else they manufacture.

Meonlyeviler posted on Oct 20 2003 at 02:56 AM said:
It's because a small company called Virgin Play has decided to distribute it an unknow country called Spain. Due to this, Mitsui will have to make a couple more gp32s before launch.
spain.jpg

What the hell they teach you in school? :rolleyes:

We have sun, beach, cheap beer, easy girls and... Rlyeh! :lol:

PD: Take a look at THIS.
Virgin Megastore is not a small company... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Virgin being involved is interesting, they used to be the distributors of the SMS and Megadrive, infact they were the ones to get the SMS popular in europe.

If you read Bransons autobiography there is quite a lot about it.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Virgin have released an MP3 player in the states (which has been getting quite a bit of advertising) playing on the "british cool" of it... and the Virgin brand is increasing globally as a mobile phone network, so it might be a good thing to have Virgin do some of the marketing.....

The GP32 could be a great little device if sold in the right way (although I think it should be marketed as less of a gaming machine and more as a portable media device... what with the current lack of "official" games.....)

But delaying the release to 2004 is just going to hurt the system really badly... unless they can bring the price way down to about 70 pounds for an FLU..... which may be possible by then

What a bad News,

In March,

N-gage will be in the place since 5 month,may be the zodiac will be here too. we will talk more and more of Psp.

In thinking of that i believe it would be better for entware or editors the console
never won't get out.

bye

Back