• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RL is for people who dont have friends on IRC/GP32x

• Do YOU have one?

• Total voters

i hear ya rico

when i was back home, typical evening would involve the family all eating dinner together, one of us washing up and then wine and beer being opened.

at this point my two young brothers, my sister and my mother and step father would crash in front of the tv, each one leaving only when it was time for bed, my rents frequently falling asleep in front of the box.

i meanwhile will have been upstairs and down between my bedroom, attic and pc room, posting on the net, reading some funnies, gaming, music, catching something i specifically wanted to watch on tv.

thus i justify my high post count by not being a vegetable!

spray posted on Dec 16 2004 at 02:58 PM said:
thus i justify my high post count by not being a vegetable!

LOL

ok i understand......but i notice myself hanging around at home much too much and i just wanted to know if its the same for you

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on Dec 16 2004 at 02:14 PM said:
Am I supposed to be outside all the time? Did I miss life class or something?

TWAT.
You said it a thousand times better than I did.

Rico posted on Dec 16 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
This is fucking stupid. I spent an hour a day or so on gp32x because I have so much goddamn free time due to University or the summer holidays and suddenly I have no life. Well, excuuuuuse ME for not finding something non-gp32x to do every freaking second I'm awake. You jackass. I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT SIR.

With respect to my post count, I've been posting for 1.5 years, and much of that is on the spam thread. You can do the maths.

Essentially, I and many others use gp32x along with many other sites at the times when most teenagers would be watching the TV. gp32x just happens to be a hell of a lot more interesting.
Seconded...

<<<and besides whats wrong with going on GP32x for an hour a day.
<<<as generalnmx says this forum is not that weird compared to many others, lots of the people on here, don't spend all of their time here unlike on some other forums (ie. a couple of people on Neowin are really obsessed - but that does not mean that there is anything wrong with them)

Internet people cannot beat you up. I get a much better sense of community on these boards also. I think this's because we're all here for a reason. This therefore makes our interests match at least a bit and therefore we get on better. It's great!

Can we not just accept that the internet IS a part of life these days. I played a lot of Quake 3 online until recently (not because I gave up, more like q3 is more or less dead, may she RIP) When I met the guys from my clan for the first time it was like we'd been mates for years and yet we'd only just met but in a way we had been mates but only via Q3 Teamspeak, Forums and the like.

I therefore consider the internet as an important part of my life. It didn't stop me from being married, divorced, meeting another woman and settling down again, pissing it up with my mates etc.

TBH I spend a lot of time on the PC. Much of it on Forums or in IRC etc. I probably average 2 or 3 hours a day. I often play on the GP32 as well but what is the alternative? Watching crap soap operas and naff TV with the GF. I know what I'd rather do :)

PS a tip for you young blokes. When your GF moans at you for playing on your GP32 or being on your PC just say I'll give it up if you give up the TV. I'm betting she'll leave you in peace for a bit.

PS a tip for you young blokes. When your GF moans at you for playing on your GP32 or being on your PC just say I'll give it up if you give up the TV. I'm betting she'll leave you in peace for a bit.

Or she`ll feel threatened that the TV has been brought into the argument as a weapon and kick the other half in the crotch. :p

Trooper

Hey

I've heard about these wonderful things called a life before, but I've never actually known where I can buy one to call my own.

Can anyone tell me where a can buy one of these magical things?

Rico posted on Dec 16 2004 at 12:14 PM said:
Essentially, I and many others use gp32x along with many other sites at the times when most teenagers would be watching the TV. gp32x just happens to be a hell of a lot more interesting.

damn right

Back