This D-pad Would Work A Whole Lot Better, Imo

eudaimonia

Still Fresh
have you guys ever used the microsoft sidewinder gamepad for pc? it works wonderfully for emu, just everything really. feels great, perfect response. someone should try using this D-pad for the gp2x.

ME0000314164_2.jpg

Yeah, that thing looks like shit to be honest. I had an MS sidewinder before, and uh... sucks. I bought two PS2 Dualshock USB knockoffs on eBay for $10 a peice, and I couldn't be happier with them :D

Yes, I tried one of these years ago, also didn't like it and (as I recall) found the D-pad not as good as other models. Nintendo's are really good in comparison. Only nice thing about the one shown is that it has the right amount of buttons required for the GP2x (in theory).

my favourite gamepad is the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
110097.jpg

the cross nearly feels like the nintendo ones (which are the best in my opinion)
but the cross is to big to use for modding...
i think, the NES one is the best choice for this job

jokeman posted on Sep 28 2006 at 07:36 AM said:
110097.jpg

the cross nearly feels like the nintendo ones (which are the best in my opinion)

i have that one. its the best for psx.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shape is nice but it's too big and its indentation too deep. I have a similar-but-smaller pad on a USB stick, non-MS branded, that works well. I still prefer a flat round or cross-shaped pad.

The NES D-pad is the largest "+" you can use. Look at nik166's project - the "+" virtually is edge to edge. There are smaller ones, a Gameboy (color/mono) or GBA for example. Nintendo D-pads are, I believe, the best designed D-pads.

The NES D-pad is the largest "+" you can use. Look at nik166's project - the "+" virtually is edge to edge. There are smaller ones, a Gameboy (color/mono) or GBA for example. Nintendo D-pads are, I believe, the best designed D-pads.

plounted posted on Sep 28 2006 at 09:09 AM said:
jokeman posted on Sep 28 2006 at 07:36 AM said:
110097.jpg

i have that one. its the best for psx.
Seriously? Because I would have to say you're wrong, lol. I think my dualshock knockoff is best for PSX since, you know, it's the actual PSX/PS2 controller design :lol: And lemme tell you, my 4,000,000+ point combos in THPS3 are proof :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back