Thinking About Creating A Sega Pc.

I've known about that Amstrad for years. With this idea it's not a case of ease of use or transport, I just think that it would be really cool to have. I will of course buy duplicates of all of the machines. It would be great if I could have some kind of custom plastic case, but I'm a Vacuum forming machine short of one of those, and so a PC case seems the most cost effective logical choice.

If I succeed then I could always keep track of prices and offer a service for a charge.

But hey lets not jump the gun, knowing my mentality this will never even happen.

just htought you guys might like to see this... it would be cool to mod this case for it, seeing as you already have the DC :)
me and all of my friends have een completely in love with it... I WANT ONE SO BAAAAAAAAAD! :( no money right now, just bought speakers :)
Thats so good it's sexy

BTW: I have access to not one, but 2 vac formrs and u wouldn't be able to make a custom case on one coz the base is very small

U could always make ure own vac former (its a piece of piss, althoguh theres no vacumming involved)

You basically make two wooden fames out of wood, hinge them together with a latch on the other side (it will act as a sort of clamp) U can then stick the HIPs inbetween the frames clamp it down and heat it with an ordinary hairdryer, it will take a long time to heat and u have to make sure its even, but u can pic kup the HIPs for about £7 a sheet, which'll be enuff to form a whole console top and bottom with spare

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, a little OT, but there's lots of dreamcast and xbox mods done and lots of sites about it. But I want to mod the case of my ps2 and just wanted to see other peoples efforts with maybe points on where to solder LEDs etc. The best I've found this this page but I want to maybe put a window in and things. Google hasn't helped. Anyone got any decent sites?

I can't envision the MD, MegaCD and 32X all fitting in there...but what about a CDX all-in-one? CDX, Saturn and DC all in a row seems more feasible...makes room for that Master System, too.

Well I think that making a Sega PC would totally rock (so would a Nintendo PC). Some suggestions I can give are:

Like someone said use a cdx to cut the Genesis/Sega CD portion to about a 1/4.
Write a cd-rom firmware that will allow an single drive to play Sega CDs, Saturn CDs, and Dreamcast GDs. This is very possible as firmware is all that seperates GD-ROM Drives from CD-ROM Drives. Also if the Saturn CD Drives firmware contains the Hardware portion of the copy protection then the copy protection could be removed.
Link the the CDX/32X into a single power supply. And if possible a link everthing to single power supply and use a voltage switch and a parrallel circuit to switch between the 4 systems.

So with if these suggestions become a reality then you have 4 motherboards, 1 CD Drive, 8 controller ports, 1 power supply, 2 cartage slots. That alone sounds like alot inside one tower, but at least it sounds like a reasonal amount.

Well I'm in the middle of building an arcade cabinet, and one of the things I have to do is make it start up without ever showing the windows gui and running all off of arcade controls. It basically loads up into a menu that lets you pick which game you want, it can do Mame, Snes, and Genesis right now, plus what ever else I want to add. I'm using Mamewah for my menu.

Well I'm in the middle of building an arcade cabinet, and one of the things I have to do is make it start up without ever showing the windows gui and running all off of arcade controls. It basically loads up into a menu that lets you pick which game you want, it can do Mame, Snes, and Genesis right now, plus what ever else I want to add. I'm using Mamewah for my menu.
Cool, i read about someone doing that b4, it looked so swet, he also shuved a Gamecube and an XBOX in there too think

Well I think that making a Sega PC would totally rock (so would a Nintendo PC). Some suggestions I can give are:

Like someone said use a cdx to cut the Genesis/Sega CD portion to about a 1/4.
Write a cd-rom firmware that will allow an single drive to play Sega CDs, Saturn CDs, and Dreamcast GDs. This is very possible as firmware is all that seperates GD-ROM Drives from CD-ROM Drives. Also if the Saturn CD Drives firmware contains the Hardware portion of the copy protection then the copy protection could be removed.
Link the the CDX/32X into a single power supply. And if possible a link everthing to single power supply and use a voltage switch and a parrallel circuit to switch between the 4 systems.

So with if these suggestions become a reality then you have 4 motherboards, 1 CD Drive, 8 controller ports, 1 power supply, 2 cartage slots. That alone sounds like alot inside one tower, but at least it sounds like a reasonal amount.
Hmm, the saturn copy protection will not be able to be removed, people have been working on that for years and it still hasn't been cracked.

Wouldn't the 32x block two of the DC controller ports?
Possibly, maybe he's planning to have it internal?

What was the name of those consoles which were a mega drive with a built in 32x...Neptune? Jupiter?
Jupiter was a cartiage based saturn that was cancelled. Jupiters remains became project Mars which was released as the 32X. Neptune was a project for a all-in-one genesis, sega cd, and 32x. Neptune was canned with the failure of the 32X

Back