Things/tutorials/utilities that people have already made that should be in HF6

Takes up a lot of space with its special Debian libraries. I think Lightweight2 would be better.

Midori is using special Debian libraries?

I always thought that it used pretty standard libs like GTK2+, WebkitGTK and nothing else.

My 0.3.3 package uses a bunch of libs from the Debian repo to use a debian-repo webkit (the one on NAND has rendering errors, as you may know). Those libs are mainly libicu-libs.

Last edited by a moderator:
PNDStore should be a default application, above all others. This is the one thing that any Pandora user needs.

Found it pretty ironic that my phone proclaimed HTC was quietly brilliant whilst making an annoyingly loud welcome sound. A free app sorted that though.
I thought exactly the same on my Desire.

+1 for the pnd store one of the best developments on the pandora scene so far.

possibly an ebook reader i have found this pretty useful.

and maybe vlc player i use this all the time when commuting works really well (for me at least)

GPM, if it hasn't already been mentioned elsewhere.

Reason: it may make porting some mouse-driven games easier.

Also, replace super-crashy Midori with any non-Webkit (yuck! :( ) browser.

Maybe miniMenu could auto run "cache previews to SD now" after a period of inactivity, like 10sec. You have to do it manually every time you exit an app now.

I think that those various file managers that others have made or ported should be included in the OS as an option. PND_utils should be in, too.

Another option that would be nice to have in the settings is the ability to create swap ram easier. As many times as I've tried to get the script to work it just doesn't seem to work for me. LMAO

Another option that would be nice to have in the settings is the ability to create swap ram easier. As many times as I've tried to get the script to work it just doesn't seem to work for me. LMAO

Same here. I even bought a minuscule microSD reader + 1Gig Card to function as a dedicated plug in swap drive for when I needed it.

Alas... the tut is obviously not luser proof...

I need a Real Life Linux buddy. :( *sigh*

EDIT: LOL - this is my 404th post! :p Error exists between keyboard and chair!

Fantastic! Created a swap file on the MicroSD Card no problem.

... However: I used Thunar to browse to the file and selected it. It's file size was increasing in 4 - 5mb increments continuously without me doing anything at all! It's now sitting at 374mb!!! And still going! wtf? :blink:

Is it the swapiness level you set it at that could be doing this? Have you tested the program yourself yet?

Now up to 572mb! ... 588mb! 617mb!!

EDIT: I assumed the swapfile had been automatically activated upon creating it (otherwise why else is it increasing in size?) But when I tried to deactivate it - no file showed up in the list!?

So ok, let me activate the file then... I browse to swapfile.swp on my 1Gb MicroSD and select it.

I get this error message: Failed to activate swapfile "/media/1GB_SWAP/autorun.inf"

//Edit: While staring at the error message the file reached the max size I had set for it - 957mb and then told me the swapfile had been successfully created.

Oh oops... ok my bad. :rolleyes:

So I then try to activate it, and get:

Failed to activate swapfile "/media/1GB_SWAP/swapfile.swp"

I'm going to reboot and try activate it again.

EDIT2: Same error message after rebooting. ?? :mellow:

Paste the pndrun_swaptools.out

I couldn't get a progressbar working properly, so that's why it quietly increased the size all the time. Linux can't dynamically change the size of swapfiles afaik, so it's creating a fileimage and then formating it with swapfs.

Back