Things I'd Like To See Ported

Muncher666 posted on Feb 23 2006 at 03:08 PM said:
It's quite playable, and faster than Dosbox - some functionality isn't quite there yet, but the game is completeable.

Allan.

I have just compiled Pentagram to PC Linux and I'm downloading (quite slow) Pagan to try it. After testing it in PC, I will start porting it to GP2X ;)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyclops posted on Feb 24 2006 at 08:49 PM said:
Muncher666 posted on Feb 24 2006 at 10:08 AM said:
I don't exactly know what sort of point you are trying to make, but it's even less on topic than the post at hand. The point I am trying to make is there are much more efficient emulators available than Nestopia. I'd much prefer Nesticle, it ran on 66mhz. (admittedly, this was an x86, but the point is still there)

Allan.

LOL. I make a point. Think about your points. Nestopia sounds like it takes advantage of modern hardware, and its programmer decided features over speed *great*. That sounds very practicle in todays computing world where you very rarely find a machine below 2Ghz. Bloat is something misunderstood(more my the technically adept), and often very difficuly to clarify. Think compare Word to Wordpad, and discuss bloat.

Now I *hope* your arguing that its not *suitable* becuase of it not being designed for speed. I think the reality is though, most of the modern *features* in emulators would add nothing to an emulator on the GP2X (scalers and whatnot). The harsh flaw in your argument then becomes is it easier to add functionality to basic emulator, or remove functionality from a fully functional one. I tend to think the latter, although thats one for the birds. What is certain is that to program optimised for one platform is harder to optomise on some alien hardware/platform, than an unoptomised program.

Now really Cyberaxe should say which functionality he is particularly excited by, and suggest it added to a NES Dev although tht sort of think would get him cut to shreads, by well *groupies*

I actually make the jump because when I think of great NES emulation. I think of the GP32 which had two fabulous emulators, and unlike all the other emulators you keep blathering on about are probably more *suitable* to the GP2X.

Although I feel like jumping down your throat for putting words in my mouth, let me clarify that Nestopia requires a P4 to run well WITHOUT scalers and the like. It simply requires it to run at a decent speed. I mentioned one emulator, one, that may be suitable, I don't deny there are others. So back to my original point, you would have to bloody rewrite Nestopia to get it to the stage that even NK's emu is at.

Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Feb 24 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
Although I feel like jumping down your throat for putting words in my mouth, let me clarify that Nestopia requires a P4 to run well WITHOUT scalers and the like. It simply requires it to run at a decent speed. I mentioned one emulator, one, that may be suitable, I don't deny there are others. So back to my original point, you would have to bloody rewrite Nestopia to get it to the stage that even NK's emu is at.

Allan.

Paragraph 2 at the end

Well, Pentagram is ported and running on GP2X :)

Music looks a bit slow and noise sounds a bit strange (although Guardian voice sounds perfect), but now it's time to implement controls :D

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Feb 24 2006 at 07:14 PM said:

Music looks a bit slow and noise sounds a bit strange (although Guardian voice sounds perfect), but now it's time to implement controls :D

Regards

curious on current progress since its been over a week

CyberAxe posted on Mar 4 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
Puck2099 posted on Feb 24 2006 at 07:14 PM said:

Regards

curious on current progress since its been over a week

I've been very busy since then, so there hasn't been too much progresses. Anyway you can be informed visiting my website :)

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Mar 5 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
mick_aka posted on Mar 5 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
Ports of Diablo, Warcraft II, Starcraft, Wing Commander III/IV

Well I can dream cant I?

No source, no port.

I liked the way you snipped off ROTT at the end, although isn't there a little project called statagus for Warcraft II + clones :blink:

http://wargus.sourceforge.net/BTW don't care

Cyclops posted on Mar 5 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
although isn't there a little project called statagus for Warcraft II + clones :blink:

http://wargus.sourceforge.net/BTW don't care
That's pretty cool. It would be sweet to see that on the 2X, even though I'm not personally a big Warcraft (or RTS in general) fan.

Back