There Is Some "movement" At Rlyeh's Site

*Waits then masturbates a bit more.....waits again....masturbates a bit more*

---Awaits Fday-----

I think it's a tidied up multi-emulator. Beta testers were asked for their CPUID so he can distribute some betas. (He placed emphasis on the plural form of beta, meaning there will be several seperate betas)

I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is :)

As far as i know, he isn't working on Fsnes, mame is faster than the one from franxis, and betas will (and currently are) only working on betatester's machines. ^_^

Don't get me wrong, I still have great hopes for Franxis' mame in the future. It's amazing as it is for only a second release.

When I say most games... I apologize what I should say is, most games that I would want to play, run very slow. Even now that I can OC to 184mhz some of my favorite games that will play in mame .34 are just way too slow to enjoy even at a high frameskip.

I have wondered many times how Ryleh's Mame would be any faster if he's using the much more bloated v.90+ code... though I love that he is using that for the simple fact that getting working games will be MUCH easier.

TelcoLou posted on Apr 21 2005 at 12:36 AM said:
I think it's a tidied up multi-emulator. Beta testers were asked for their CPUID so he can distribute some betas. (He placed emphasis on the plural form of beta, meaning there will be several seperate betas)

It sure seems to be something big :D Looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
K-teto posted on Apr 20 2005 at 11:53 PM said:
As far as i know, he isn't working on Fsnes, mame is faster than the one from franxis, and betas will (and currently are) only working on betatester's machines. ^_^

I'm not sure about this... I tested months ago a beta from rlyeh and it seemed that it was not faster than my port... But Rlyeh could have been improving it... I have no time to improve my port now because i'm working on the university project documentation... In a month or so i will continue working on it...

But it would be GREAT to see a faster MAME from Rlyeh or somebody else...

Regards :rolleyes:

Franxis whatever you do don't get offended and decide to abandon your project!! heheh just want to be sure, some guys are pretty sensitive around here. Really though your port is wonderful and considering it's only second release and the limited power of the GP32 it is very impressive.

Franxis posted on Apr 21 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
K-teto posted on Apr 20 2005 at 11:53 PM said:

I'm not sure about this... I tested months ago a beta from rlyeh and it seemed that it was not faster than my port... But Rlyeh could have been improving it... I have no time to improve my port now because i'm working on the university project documentation... In a month or so i will continue working on it...

But it would be GREAT to see a faster MAME from Rlyeh or somebody else...

Regards :rolleyes:

I thought your port of MAME was great. Using an older version is good for speed. Yours worked with sound as well. The only thing was that the gamma was off but I am sure you can fix that when you start it again as it is pretty simple to fix. Good luck with the coursework.

TelcoLou posted on Apr 20 2005 at 11:36 PM said:

I don't think it is a multi emulator. It wouldn't make sense to have a launcher in a launcher, it would just take up more time. You would turn on the GP32 and get a launcher then you would launch the emu launcher and through that you would launch the NES, GB etc you want, a waste. It would be much faster to turn on the GP then go to the launcher and load the emu fxe directly.

Now I think I really know what it will be. It will be MAME and the multi part will be a front end for MAME. It all makes sense now. Rlyeh already said in a post to Franxis that yes the way to do MAME on the GP32 is to split the FXEs up. So that is likely how Rlyeh is doing it as he said that he had to do that too. BUT what will be different with Rlyeh's MAME is that he will have a front end where you just select the game you want and his frontend will automatically select the proper FXE for you. Yes that is it!

Back