The Worlds First (i Think) Font Search Engine

silverblade331

Still Fresh
First off I would like to say: Hi, I haven't posted in ages but I thought I would share this with you.

This is a brand new search engine that is able to search through a large databse of fonts by using keywords. A quote from the creator:
Okay guys, so for the past few weeks I have been cooking this up, and I think the beta is ready to go live. What you might ask? A search engine specifically designed to give you a download and preview of fonts on the internet. It uses caching technology, so the first time you find a font it might take awhile for the page to display - the server needs to generate a preview. However, the more you (and others) use the search engine, the faster it gets. Once the font is cached once, it never needs to be cached again (although depending on how much hard drive space this takes up, that could change). The main database of searchable fonts includes about 44000 fonts. To save space the browser (which is the default list when you don't type any search terms) only includes the first 1000 (in other words the 1000 most popular fonts - it displays fonts in order of popularity) fonts, but if you input a search term you can search within all 44000 fonts in the database. Go ahead and give this link out to others and tell other people, I want to give this beta a good stress test.

Also please note that due to this still being in alpha (that's right, it's not even in beta yet) it may not work occasionally and also because this is not the final version it is only on a server with relatively low bandwidth per day, so if it isn't working try again the day after.

Link:
Fontoogle 0.6 Alpha :)

P.S. I had nothing to do with the creation of this search engine.

Back