The Ur-quan Masters V0.5.0 Released

I can't get the menu or any keys to respond on mine, I'm using firmware 2.1.1 and starting it from gmenu2x.

i saw an intro sequence with menus but none of the keys seem to do anything on my installation, i just have a mouse pointer in the top left of the screen that stays still.

anybody know how i can fix it?

thanks

MiL0 posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:01 PM said:
This is a great port - has easily become my used and played game on the gp2x... by some margin!

A couple of things though:

- I also suffer from the entering/leaving orbit lockup bug sometimes (1-2 occurances in a week or so of playing)

- More strangely, I also very occasionally get a very annoying bug during combat. I enter combat and my ship is uncontrolable, is rotating in a jerky and unpredictable way and I can only fire once out of every five or so button presses. I'm so early into the game that I'm only using the main 'mothership' for combat so I dunno if it happens with other ships. I also can't remember if this is part of the game... do any of the other ships have the ability to completely mess my controls up? I seem to remember one of the ships can slow you down or stop you from rotating as much but this is MUCH worse and feels a lot more like a bug. Any ideas?

Apart from that - excellent work! :D :D :D :D

I remember that from the original game. It happened like three times for the 400+ hours I put into it.

Is it regular?

Last edited by a moderator:
rooster posted on Dec 5 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
I can't get the menu or any keys to respond on mine, I'm using firmware 2.1.1 and starting it from gmenu2x.

i saw an intro sequence with menus but none of the keys seem to do anything on my installation, i just have a mouse pointer in the top left of the screen that stays still.

anybody know how i can fix it?

thanks

Use the keys.cfg that was mentioned earlier in this post. You need to remap the keys, see.

Allan.

It corrupted my SD, after launching it, real great.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 7 2006 at 03:21 AM said:
It corrupted my SD, after launching it, real great.

- Alex

Interesting! Never had that one happen.

Allan.

icurafu posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:06 AM said:
MiL0 posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:01 PM said:
This is a great port - has easily become my used and played game on the gp2x... by some margin!

A couple of things though:

- I also suffer from the entering/leaving orbit lockup bug sometimes (1-2 occurances in a week or so of playing)

- More strangely, I also very occasionally get a very annoying bug during combat. I enter combat and my ship is uncontrolable, is rotating in a jerky and unpredictable way and I can only fire once out of every five or so button presses. I'm so early into the game that I'm only using the main 'mothership' for combat so I dunno if it happens with other ships. I also can't remember if this is part of the game... do any of the other ships have the ability to completely mess my controls up? I seem to remember one of the ships can slow you down or stop you from rotating as much but this is MUCH worse and feels a lot more like a bug. Any ideas?

Apart from that - excellent work! :D :D :D :D

I remember that from the original game. It happened like three times for the 400+ hours I put into it.

Is it regular?

hasn't happened since I posted the original post but it happened two or three times in one day of playing last week... I'll let you know if it happens again and if I notice anything that might be causing it.

Back