The Ur-quan Masters V0.5.0 Released


rooster

Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
167
Location
New Mills, Derbyshire
Website
Visit site
I can't get the menu or any keys to respond on mine, I'm using firmware 2.1.1 and starting it from gmenu2x.

i saw an intro sequence with menus but none of the keys seem to do anything on my installation, i just have a mouse pointer in the top left of the screen that stays still.

anybody know how i can fix it?

thanks
 

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
2,078
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
MiL0 posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:01 PM said:
This is a great port - has easily become my used and played game on the gp2x... by some margin!

A couple of things though:

- I also suffer from the entering/leaving orbit lockup bug sometimes (1-2 occurances in a week or so of playing)

- More strangely, I also very occasionally get a very annoying bug during combat. I enter combat and my ship is uncontrolable, is rotating in a jerky and unpredictable way and I can only fire once out of every five or so button presses. I'm so early into the game that I'm only using the main 'mothership' for combat so I dunno if it happens with other ships. I also can't remember if this is part of the game... do any of the other ships have the ability to completely mess my controls up? I seem to remember one of the ships can slow you down or stop you from rotating as much but this is MUCH worse and feels a lot more like a bug. Any ideas?

Apart from that - excellent work! :D :D :D :D

I remember that from the original game. It happened like three times for the 400+ hours I put into it.

Is it regular?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Muncher666

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
339
rooster posted on Dec 5 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
I can't get the menu or any keys to respond on mine, I'm using firmware 2.1.1 and starting it from gmenu2x.

i saw an intro sequence with menus but none of the keys seem to do anything on my installation, i just have a mouse pointer in the top left of the screen that stays still.

anybody know how i can fix it?

thanks

Use the keys.cfg that was mentioned earlier in this post. You need to remap the keys, see.

Allan.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alex.

Retired
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
4,616
It corrupted my SD, after launching it, real great.

- Alex
 

Muncher666

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
339
Alex. posted on Dec 7 2006 at 03:21 AM said:
It corrupted my SD, after launching it, real great.

- Alex

Interesting! Never had that one happen.

Allan.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MiL0

Still Fresh
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
69
Location
Brighton, UK & Chiang Mai, Thailand
Website
Visit site
icurafu posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:06 AM said:
MiL0 posted on Dec 4 2006 at 10:01 PM said:
This is a great port - has easily become my used and played game on the gp2x... by some margin!

A couple of things though:

- I also suffer from the entering/leaving orbit lockup bug sometimes (1-2 occurances in a week or so of playing)

- More strangely, I also very occasionally get a very annoying bug during combat. I enter combat and my ship is uncontrolable, is rotating in a jerky and unpredictable way and I can only fire once out of every five or so button presses. I'm so early into the game that I'm only using the main 'mothership' for combat so I dunno if it happens with other ships. I also can't remember if this is part of the game... do any of the other ships have the ability to completely mess my controls up? I seem to remember one of the ships can slow you down or stop you from rotating as much but this is MUCH worse and feels a lot more like a bug. Any ideas?

Apart from that - excellent work! :D :D :D :D

I remember that from the original game. It happened like three times for the 400+ hours I put into it.

Is it regular?


hasn't happened since I posted the original post but it happened two or three times in one day of playing last week... I'll let you know if it happens again and if I notice anything that might be causing it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top