The Touch Screen Has Gone All Wierd.

Nixot

Still Fresh
Hi all. Since today, I have noticed that the touch screen is not tapping in the correct place as it should, even after three calibrations. When I open the line drawing app, the line draws in the correct place some times and not in the correct place for other times. For example, when I move the stylus around the edge of the screen, the line cuts the bottom corners like this (approximation - screen edge is red):

wtfb.png

It's really annoying because I need to use the stylus for certain apps like Win2X and Termula, the latter of which requires precise touch screen touching. I am using Win2X but this problem happens using the normal Wiz menu too. I have recently upgraded to firmware 1.2.1, if this changes anything.
Thanks in advance for help

There might be a speck of dust under the edge of the screen (between the case and the screen) which causes this strange behavior. It might be pressing on the screen at some point.

Someone recently had success by repeatedly running through the calibration process, three times total, I think.

Senor Quack, calibrating the touch screen repeatedly didn't work for me. Also, Mr. TwisT, how could I clean under the screen? I don't want to open up my Wiz and risk breaking it, I got it for my birthday in August 2009.

The problem has gotten worse in the last few days. Before, I could reach the edge of the screen by pressing REALLY hard, this will not happen any more. Also, the bottom corners seem to increase how far the line comes out every time I run the test utility thingy.

Nixot said:
Senor Quack, calibrating the touch screen repeatedly didn't work for me. Also, Mr. TwisT, how could I clean under the screen? I don't want to open up my Wiz and risk breaking it, I got it for my birthday in August 2009.

The problem has gotten worse in the last few days. Before, I could reach the edge of the screen by pressing REALLY hard, this will not happen any more. Also, the bottom corners seem to increase how far the line comes out every time I run the test utility thingy.

If I can open one up and put it back together anyone can. I'd open it up and get a aerosol can of the air like is used to clean PC keyboards and blow it under the screen etc.

Misty

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly the same problem!

I have had my Wiz for 6 days, and ever since I upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1 my touchscreen isn't working properly.

Red: screen edge. Green: out of the box. White: the touchscreen right now.
touchscreen.jpg

it seems to be getting worse, I used to be able to press "Win2x" (start-like button in win2x) after the firmware upgrade and know I have to press menu everytime.

is this a hardware or a software problem, and do I have to send my wiz back to play-asia?

--Ults

downgraded it to 1.1.0 and still have the this problem, also tried to recalibrate-restart-recalibrate for 3 times like an other user suggested in an other post, with no result.

Back