The Real Thing

T

The Joker

I just was wondering if you ever get sick of trying to get games to go on emulators and wonder if it is better to get the real thing so to speak as I do

Yep, It`s quite a struggle to try and get an Amiga 1200, A 14 inch TV, The power brick, A mouse and a couple of joysticks in my left-hand pocket. Women give me funny looks when walking down the street.

Oh, And imagine the length of the power cable you would need too. :blink:

coke.jpg

Trooper

Yes that is a problem, I am waiting to see first hand reports by the 4000 on the Pandora when using emulators, I might then place an order on the second run
Come to think of it I could go for an ice cold Coca Cola right now

The Joker said:
I just was wondering if you ever get sick of trying to get games to go on emulators and wonder if it is better to get the real thing so to speak as I do
IT'S THE RED BARON!!! GET HIM!!

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
The Joker said:
I am not the red baron, you need help I could recommend a very good physiocrats

Red Baron said:
jb0yx said:
The Joker said:
MOTHER FUCKER USED TO WRONG ACCOUNT TO REPLY BACK!!! I CAUGHT THE RED BARON!!!!

Red Baron said:
jb0yx said:
The Joker said:
lol, slipped up eh? ;]

Consequence_9 said:
Red Baron said:
jb0yx said:
The Joker said:
lol, slipped up eh? ;]
You got me but the question still stands

Once an emulator passes the threshold of viability for me then I find it much more convenient and effective to use than "the real thing." Outside of handhelds, the only console I've used in the past ten years is PS2. Even my PS1 got replaced with emulators by around then. These days I don't even want to play PS2 games since I'm not confident in being able to emulate them, and playing games on a real TV is a pain. I used to have a TV card for these purposes, but that's a pain too.

These days I seem to have a significantly shorter attention span than when I was younger, so I can't seem to get into gaming for anything longer than a few minutes at a time. I am, however, much more interested in the actual hardware itself and have been collecting retro handheld systems like a madman.

My most recent pickups include: Sega Nomad, PC Engine GT/TurboExpress, Neo Geo Pocket Colour, Atari Lynx.

Emulation is great and I'll always be into it but plaing on those original systems is on another level entirely.

Back