The Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
_VWV_ said:
Well, I thought it's just fun and fun is what we need to make waiting easier. So. How about finding out your position in the queue? It might be possible if our ordering numbers are not random but represent one's position in the queue.
I think it's the last 4 digits of the number. :D
For example, my number is 9109 - i think it's batch 9 (assuming 400 units in each batch and a total of 4000 units) and number109 in the batch. :D lol. It seems like I'm pretty far away from my pandora.
Another possibility (which also helps to estimate queue position) is that our ordering numbers are tied to the order date. I made my order on the 29-th of January - hence the number 29-1-09.
Is Anyone interested?
Making order numbers public is probably not a smart idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
_VWV_ said:
Well, I thought it's just fun and fun is what we need to make waiting easier. So. How about finding out your position in the queue? It might be possible if our ordering numbers are not random but represent one's position in the queue.
I think it's the last 4 digits of the number. :D
For example, my number is 9109 - i think it's batch 9 (assuming 400 units in each batch and a total of 4000 units) and number109 in the batch. :D lol. It seems like I'm pretty far away from my pandora.
Another possibility (which also helps to estimate queue position) is that our ordering numbers are tied to the order date. I made my order on the 29-th of January - hence the number 29-1-09.
Is Anyone interested?
I doubt it, seeing as how my last 4 characters have a letter in them.

-God Ginrai

I know for a fact that i'm order number 32, can't divuldge how I know though....

Edit: pubzombie (the guy below me) is number 1, he edited his post to stop people finiding out, but now we all know the truth.

Edit 2: this thread is rubbish.....send in the Chipmeister

I am number ?????????????????????????? :p
prob right not to divulge any of your numbers.
wonder how soon it is before one appears on ebay?

tsh said:
And why?

God Ginrai said:
I doubt it, seeing as how my last 4 characters have a letter in them.
-God Ginrai
Mmm is it the 3-rd one? Than it's simple - there are 12 months the 3-rd number is in hex. :D

_VWV_ said:
tsh said:
And why?

Someone could put it in a faked order confirmation mail and request a change of the delivery address. Seeing how little sleep the ladies get at the moment, it could cause serious trouble.

_VWV_ said:
tsh said:
And why?

Ehm... This is what makes a client different from another to the eyes of the OpenPandora LTD. So one could easily pretend to be you.

mali said:
Someone could put it in a faked order confirmation mail and request a change of the delivery address. Seeing how little sleep the ladies get at the moment, it could cause serious trouble.
But I didn't open all the number. I'm I still under threat?

I don't know. I don't know the format of Craig's order numbers, I ordered at ED's shop.

lol, its just that it's been stated a lot that they're not going to give them out and that it doesn't reference the order numbers...

Which makes the thread a bit redundant really. Someone stated a thread a while ago that had a link to a page where everyone put their order times in, might help you get a rough idea if you're really that bothered. I don't care though, so i'm not going to bother finding it for you.

Anyway, good luck with your quest

Someone tried this already and that didn't go well either. Orders from different regions were processed differently, so nothing besides the timestamp on our end is going to be accurate.

This happened before, the thread derailed very quickly.

The only way to find out your order number is from the time stamp of all the orders, of which only a very small number of people have access to.

Ask people for there information regarding to there order, and you'll find a number of people giving false information just for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back