The Penguin Machine

Blah posted on Feb 1 2007 at 03:47 PM said:
Its doable.
now by doable, you mean what i do is install pygame and python to the root of my sd and also install PIL to the root (it appears that the Imaging Library is a .tar file) and then i'd extract the penguin machine to the root as well and .....voila? :D

i'm not familiar with python and pygame and so this seems a little over my head. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its a bit more involved than that. Its not coded for the GP2X's input system...but I have made a library to handle it. Also the python/pygame GP2X ports as they currently stand need improvement.

yeah

the incredible machine was an incredible game

love to have it on my gp2x

talking about the touchscreen

has someone make possible to control a game thrugh the touchscreen (replacing a mouse on a ported game, or with an original one)?

my brother had played with the scummv games on my f200, so i know its possible, but i dont know how complicated it is for a developer to do it

Yay! Please someone port this! "The Incredible Machine" was one of the greatest games ever made!

I tried to run TIM on DosBox, in PC it works, but not on the gp2x...

I am thinking of writing my own, if only I had lots of free time available... :lol:

yesterday i sent an email to one of the creators of TIM, explaining what is being done here and asking him if he would gently give the source code for the cause :D

i saw that he is really a videogame enthusiast and not just a programmer, so perhapps he digs on this

waiting for a response now

cross your fingers :lol:

Back